We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
Content Design at Canva
We're on a mission to help our users fulfill their goals with clarity and joy.
We’re looking to achieve this by building an amazing team with a culture of clear and crisp writing. Our focus is on systems, not just sentences. We create and improve flows, not just the words. We seek to have deep impact on key areas, not just shallow impact everywhere.
Content Design is a small and growing part of our Design specialty. Canva sees content as a crucial part of its ongoing success – and we’re really focused on improving our content experience. We have a fun, human voice that we want to do a better job of getting across to our users, instead of, you know, “generic UX writing” voice.
We’re passionate about working together to create the future of Content Design at Canva; it’s not a top-down approach. Your opinion matters! You’ll also get lots of support from the diverse content team across the business. As soon as you arrive, we’ll be saying “Thank goodness you’re here!”
The content design specialty collaborates closely with PMs, Designers, Engineers and Design Researchers to identify solutions that prioritize our users’ needs.
About the group you'll be joining
The Pro Suite group creates the features behind Canva Pro: our end-to-end marketing platform for small to medium businesses. It’s a souped-up version of Canva loved by millions of users.
The group is made up of product managers, engineers and product designers who envision – then create – truly innovative products. The kind of things that used to be complicated, exclusive or expensive; now available at the click of a button.
And then there’s Businesses and Education Growth, where we work on a variety of fast-paced experiments, designed to grow the business.
If you like building new things, and contributing to high growth projects, this is the place for you.
Goals you’ll achieve
- Audit the Canva Pro experience and content design – including flagship features Magic Resize, Content Planner, Background Remover and Brand Kit.
- Optimise the Brand Kit in-editor experience
- Identify content design-led experiments for B&E Growth, scope them with the team and collaborate on the strategy behind them
- Simplify the team experience for Content Planner
- Optimise the Canva Pro first experience
What you’ll do
- Content Design: You’ll use your writing skills and User Experience principles to craft UX copy that helps Canva users to collaborate without the headaches. You’ll also work with the rest of the Content Design team to solve problems we’re all facing, so we can continue to build a robust, thriving specialty.
- Results: Your frictionless and friendly copy isn’t just for show – it’ll move the needle on the metrics that matter at Canva.
- Collaboration: You’ll bring design, PMs, engineers and researchers together to find the best solutions for our users.
What we’re looking for
- You’re a senior Content Designer who’s got a proven track record of solving complex problems, ideally in the tech/SaaS industry. This means you have at least 3-5 years of content design or UX writing experience.
- You’re a growth nut, who knows how to use copy to get results and move people down the funnel.
- You have incredible writing chops and an impressive content design portfolio, and are a stickler for brand voice, consistency and style.
- You know how to work independently, but you also love collaborating with people from different disciplines and sharing the power of content design.
- You’ve got a good balance between big-picture thinking and nailing the details.
- You’re not afraid of complex problems – in fact, that’s where you thrive.
- You know how to get buy-in from key stakeholders. You’ve got a track record of bringing people on the journey with you – they know what’s changing and why.
- You like to move quickly, and aren’t afraid of fast growth and rapid change. Canva is growing faster than you can imagine – which means solutions that worked 6 months ago might break. You’re up for that challenge.
- You know how to prioritize ruthlessly and handle responsibilities for a wide number of projects – focusing your attention on the areas that matter most.
What you'll learn and how you'll develop at Canva
- The opportunity for growth is huge – creating company-wide solutions, and seeing them through long-term.
- You’ll be able to work in a fast-moving environment and see how your ideas work at scale.
- We want this to be a mutually rewarding relationship, so we’ll support your growth and development throughout your time at Canva.
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked Australia’s #1 place to work.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Psst – We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team – check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife
Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.