Canva’s Commitment and Mission
Ngā Manawanuitanga me ngā uaratanga o Canva
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Team
Performance is important to us at Canva. We want to be the fastest graphical design tool in the world. The Performance Platform group is set to achieve this mission. We tackle the culture of building performance in multiple areas: we make it easy to measure and analyse performance issues, we improve our architecture to make performance easy to achieve, and we build robust patterns to allow building features with performance by default.
The Performance Monitoring team is responsible for the first area: making it easy to measure and analyse performance issues. We are engineers with a passion for performance, helping other engineers to build performant features together, and understanding teams' motivations and blockers for building a fast product so we know how to scale the culture of performance.
About the Role
We are building a performance culture in Canva. To do that, we are looking for engineers with an interest in performance, how to debug and measure, and changing the way we work to develop features that are performant by default.
We are building tools to prevent performance regressions and measure real world performance. You will be helping us explore new ways to make the tool more effective. Your work would be getting more useful insights to show how performance issues affect us, finding engineering best practices and communicating how to use them across the company, building tools to make sure the codes we write are up to our performance standards, and being the performance evangelist in the company alongside the rest of the team.
What you’ll do
- Working with performance profiling and debugging tools in your web browser of choice. These are tools such as Chrome DevTools, Lighthouse, WebPageTest, and others.
- Harnessing the performance data we collect from real users or from synthetic monitoring applications to find areas where we can improve performance for the user experience.
- Building and maintaining tools we use to test performance in our builds, tools to give feedback on performance regressions in pull requests, and tools to measure real user performance metrics.
- Collaborating with the team and other engineers outside the team to find issues in the whole product and communicate clear action items. Empowering other engineers is one of our core values.
We'd love to hear from you if you fit one or more of these:
- You are a fan of solving performance issues and know how to debug and propose solutions ranging from a practical quick fix to a standardised change to roll out across the company.
- You understand the reasons behind why every performance metrics are different and how it relates to the user experience.
- You know how to measure performance from synthetic measurements to collecting real user performance metrics.
- You have experience in creating a system for automated performance testing and know how to effectively fit this into a developer’s workflow.
Working at Canva
Tō mahi ki te Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include: Flexible hours and working fully remotely from anywhere in New Zealand, which values your work-life balance because you know how you work best.
• Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• We have virtual wellness & development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs, Fitness & Yoga Classes and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process. / Ka whakatauhia e mātou ngā tikanga i runga i ōu whēako, ōu pūkenga me tō ngākaunui mō te mahi. Kia mahara mai; He uiuinga tata te uiui.Ina
tono koe, tēnā, kōrero mai ki a mātou ngā kupu hunga ingoa e whakamahia anae koe, me ngā rereketanga whaitake e hiahiatia ana e koe i te wā o te uiui.