Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Team
The Native Core Team at Canva is responsible for the foundations of our mobile apps which are used daily by millions of people around the world. Our team’s mission is to ensure our native apps are robust and performant and to support native development at Canva. We also build and maintain the infrastructure supporting our build systems, continuous integration and deployment, stability and error monitoring and many more. This is an opportunity to have a direct impact on millions of users and hundreds of other engineers within Canva.
- Work closely with engineers from various teams to provide the infrastructure powering our Android app used by millions of people all over the world.
- Build custom tools to improve developer experience for engineers working with the mobile apps.
- Improve and maintain the Android build system.
- Work with Canva’s infrastructure engineers to improve observability for Android.
- Build and maintain the tools driving continuous integration and deployment for our mobile apps.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Engage in technical and product design discussions with the team.
- Collaborate with other team members to figure out the best solutions for difficult engineering problems.
- Android application development experience (Kotlin).
- Knowledge of the Android build process and tooling.
- Experience working on CI, custom tooling or automation.
- Computer Science / Software Engineering fundamentals.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience with other languages is a plus, but not required. We use Go, Python and Shell.
- Experience with some of the tools we use (including AWS, Nix, Terraform, Buildkite) is a plus, but not required.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options.
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance.
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day.
- Gym and yoga facilities onsite.
- End-of-Trip Facilities: Bicycle parking and showers.
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy.
- Pet friendly offices.
- Internal Coaches and an Employee Wellness Program.
- Sponsored social clubs and team events.
- Fun and quirky celebrations.
- Relocation budget provided and visa application fees covered for interstate or overseas individuals
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.