Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Group/Team
As an Admin Business Partner to Canva’s integral Product group, Design Experience, your role is to partner with the lead to partner with the Operations team to support the groups day to day administration and operations to ensure it is set for success. Reporting into Canva’s Leadership Operations role, you’ll work hand in hand to ensure that the administration needs of the group are prioritised and supported. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to Canva’s global mission to empower the whole world to design and do the most good possible.
About the Role/Specialty
This role is part of the close-knit Leadership Operations team here at Canva, this role will provide strategic support to one of our global Super Groups to support the leadership team and 400+ Canvanauts in setting crazy big goals and making them happen.
Canva's Leadership Operations team are the ones laying the foundations, expertly building and refining processes and keeping everything ticking over smoothly. Our mission is to build and optimise ways of working to empower Canvanauts around the world to achieve Canva’s mission, strategy & goals as effectively as possible. We move fast here at Canva, and this role will certainly keep you on your toes. We are looking for someone super-efficient, who loves nothing more than to anticipate issues before they arise and get stuff done.
What you’ll do (responsibilities)
- Time management: You'll ensure the Lead’s time is used efficiently by coordinating meetings and tracking action items and follow ups.
- Meeting preparation: You'll prepare for meetings by coordinating and assisting in building any materials and note taking.
- Travel planning: You'll plan for travel by managing both logistical travel arrangements as well as trip itineraries.
- General administration: You'll help out with a wide range of business and tasks as they come up including celebration expenses, documentation and any other ad hoc requests.
- Team activities: You'll support the organisation of season openers, celebrations, gifts and off-sites, ensuring everyone is empowered to do the best work of their life and having the best time doing it.
- Be a Real People Person: You’ll build strong relationships with key stakeholders within the company, this will be critical to ensuring that there is the right two-way visibility between the team and the business.
- Own the day to day: You'll be making sure that the Supergroup is set up to run smoothly.
What we're looking for
- You have experience empowering a group of leaders or a team through administrative support.
- You’ll be a team player with excellent communication skills and high emotional intelligence. You love building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders around the business.
- You’re a quick learner, and comfortable in a fast paced and ambiguous environment. You’re always looking for new ways to make things more efficient and solving problems in scalable ways making sure things get done the smart way not the hard way.
- You’ve got great attention to detail, you’re highly organised and are comfortable building out all sorts of communications - from written communications to Canva presentations.
- Keen presentation and great design skills (Canva’s made that bit easy!).
- Someone with a bias for action, constantly striving to get things done.
- You’ve got experience working with, and being a trusted partner to, a Leadership team and you’re comfortable handling sensitive and confidential information.
- You’re happy to roll up your sleeves with any task towards the bigger picture, with no task being too small if it makes the team around you more effective.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.