We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the Role
Working from our Surry Hills office and stationed at our Guest Services reception area, you will assist with day to day operations and guest management.
The Security Officer will be responsible for maintaining the physical security of our reception area, as well as other access points to our building. In addition to this, you will also be responsible for meeting, interacting and triaging all visitors and their requests and queries. This includes; ad-hoc visitors, contractors, deliveries, Canva’s guests as well as Canva staff.
This opportunity is suited to a professional licensed security officer with a background in hospitality / concierge. We are looking for someone who is well versed in security and risk management who can also provide a warm and welcoming environment for our staff and guests.
This is a Casual opportunity offering full-time hours on an hourly rate.
What You’ll Do:
- Support the in-house security system to mitigate possible risks.
- Reduce risk and ensure safety of guests and staff by proactively identifying risks and creating mitigation recommendations
- Ensure Covid-safe practices are followed as people enter the building, such as temperature checks and hand sanitiser procedures.
- Provide excellent guest service and address all inquiries professionally.
- Ensure policies in Canva’s plan of management are being adhered to at all times with a close focus on the amenity of the neighbourhood.
- Building keys and access pass (Kisi) management.
- Maintain and ensure that all entrances of our buildings are secure and systems are in place to support a safe environment for our team.
What We’re Looking For:
- Current full NSW Security License 1A & 1C.
- NSW RSA competency card.
- Previous Security Officer experience and de-escalation skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer service and concierge experience.
- Efficient and speedy problem solving ability.
- Sound knowledge of Google Suite applications. E.g. gmail, Google Calendar, Sheets and Docs etc.
- Ability to learn new technology with ease.
- Strong attention to detail, tact and diplomacy.
Key Behaviours and Attitudes
- Navigate difficult incidents with compassion.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Be engaged and interact with the working environment.
- Passionate and enthusiastic.
- Be an ambassador for Canva’s culture.
- Be flexible and adaptive to organisational changes.
Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.