Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Team
The Payroll Team is an integral part of the local Finance Team as well as Canva Philippines. It handles the payroll process of our ever growing number of Ph-based Canvanauts. With payroll being one of the most critical functions, the team plays a huge part in making Canva one of the best places to work in Asia. We strive to ensure that every Canvanaut is paid timely and accurately.
What this role will do (Responsibilities)
- Ownership of the payroll register & all other related payroll reports. This includes ensuring that all statutory remittances & deductibles are incorporated before distribution
- Understand and apply Withholding Tax on Wages (WTW), its accurate remittance & reporting to the taxing authorities, and ensure that Canva Ph follows all legal pay-related requirements
- Our champion for our payroll platform. This includes being the main point of contact for our third-party platform provider and providing assistance to our Canvanauts in navigating the platform.
- Collaborate with various teams at Canva (e.g., the global payroll team, HR ops team, helpdesk/service desk, the GL team, Total Rewards, and other payroll partners) to make sure that all of our BAUs are met and shared goals are achieved
- Work closely with our payroll bank partners in improving our processes and resolving any payroll related concerns
- Part of the team that engages our various auditors (i.e., BIR, Department of Labor & FS auditors)
- Work on scaling the process through further automation of our current processes. This involves the preparation of process documents and may involve scoping & testing of new automation.
What we're looking for...
- At least 4-5 years of relevant Philippine payroll experience with excellent capabilities in payroll & its related compliance requirements were gained
- Intermediate to advanced spreadsheet skills
- Exceptional background in personal data privacy and best practices
- Experienced & comfortable in dealing with large volumes of data
- A keen eye for detail and exceptional analytical capabilities
- Experience with payroll automation software & ERP systems and payroll process migration are not required but advantageous to have!
- Maturity in keeping compensation records and confidential information protected
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills - delivering a great service to all levels of employees
- Ability to take ownership of processes and eagerness to apply previous takeaways to new challenges
- Very collaborative and solution-focused approach with a can-do attitude
- A self-starter, able to multitask and work within set deadlines
- Ability to adapt to a constantly evolving environment
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• A temporary work from home setup as we prepare to provide a safe environment for Canvanauts who would like to work in the office. Our Future of Work plan is to move towards a hybrid work model (in-office & from home) You and your team can determine your ideal work setup. Whichever works best for you, #KayaSaCanva.
• Unique and flexible leaves options: :Recharge and go on your next getaway or simply take time off for yourself through our Vacation Leave, Give back through our Volunteer Leave to help out a charity or NGO of choiceSupport yourself or take care of your loved ones (even your furbabies) through our Sick or Carer’s Leave
• Focus on your own growth and development through our Professional Educational Leave
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowances for you to spend on anything that supports your wellbeing. Whether it’s a workshop, an electronic stand-up desk, a gym membership, or dinner with a teammate, we encourage you to do what you need to do in order to thrive.
• Virtual and in-office wellness and development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistance Programs, Fitness Classes and more to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program that matches your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
• A variety of Canva clubs that you can join to connect you to fellow Canvanauts with similar interests. From cycling, skincare, pets, to foodies (and the list goes on), we got you covered! Club activities can also be done remotely or in person.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.