We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 50 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 2 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
About the team
Total Reward's is a new team at Canva and we’re responsible for working on some of Canva’s most impactful operational goals. We’re currently small but mighty and are growing in order to design and implement unique Reward and benefits programs. We’re focused on boosting Canva’s effectiveness and engagement with an eye on profitability and scale.
If you like to balance your analytical prowess with strong relationship-building skills, representing the Reward team to the business and helping to build best-in-class programs from the ground up; then this is the opportunity for you! You’ll play a big role in establishing our vision and goals as a team and will lay critical Reward groundwork. You thrive in a fast-moving, fluid environment, and are passionate about supporting teams and individuals to succeed. You’re an experienced professional who thinks strategically, but is also prepared to roll up your sleeves and get things done. You are a true people person and are skilled at building relationships, partnering with, and influencing diverse stakeholders and enjoy tackling problems with a collaborative and solution driven mindset.
What you'll do:
- Serve as main champion and point of contact for questions about Canva’s Reward programs
- Lead implementation for new and existing programs from end to end including: analysis, stakeholder engagement, project management, communications, and change management
- Partner with leaders to understand org design changes and proactively identify necessary adjustments that will enhance the job architecture and its governance
- Analyse available data to drive targeted programmatic decisions; designs processes to collect data from new sources
- Leverage knowledge of market dynamics to tie Canva’s jobs to the external market and annually review structures to manage salary and equity compensation
- Drive the execution of Canva’s reward cycle from communication to leadership through execution of outcomes in partnership with Reward team and HR Ops
- Craft simple comms to share information and educate leadership and employees about complex topics
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition to enable a smooth partnership and fair and consistent review of offers
- A typical day in this role can be anything from deep analytical work, collaborating with the team to brainstorm new and exciting programs for our employees to fielding questions and enquiries regarding existing programs. You will meet with various leads across the business and strive to build strong relationships in order to help them understand our Reward strategy at Canva. You’ll catch up with your team for an amazing lunch in our catered office, and the day might round out with a few meetings collaborating with counterparts in TA and Finance on broad Reward initiatives.
What we're looking for:
- You have 5+ years experience in the reward field
- You’re passionate about reward's and the impact it can make on our employee attraction and retention strategy
- You’re driven not only by building and executing Reward programs, but by being a key point of contact for the business and playing a critical role in building vital relationships that listen to, educate and inspire our teams
- You’re a fantastic communicator and it's these communication skills that help you work cross-functionally with other teams
- You approach all relationships with the drive to collaborate and define and work towards shared goals
- You have a bias for action and you’re happy to roll up your sleeves and muck in: no task is too small (or big!) if it helps the team around you to be more effective, and rallies them to achieve their goals faster
- You have a great blend of hands-on operational and design/strategy experience and enjoy deep analytical work
- You understand that not everyone is a Reward's expert, and you enjoy educating diverse stakeholders about various aspects of Reward program analysis and design
- You thrive on building programs from the ground up. from design through implementation and ongoing execution, and have experience setting up scalable systems to support a growing global workforce
- You’re someone who loves variety and having to juggle a diverse range of priorities and quickly shifting and honing your focus
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance.
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day - check out https://instagram.com/canvalife
- Free Yoga membership.
- Professional education allowance.
- Generous parental leave policy.
- Sponsored social clubs and team events.
- Fun and quirky celebrations.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
We will not accept or review any CVs from external recruitment agencies.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.