Canva’s Commitment and Mission
Ngā Manawanuitanga me ngā uaratanga o Canva
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the group/team | He kōrero e pā ana ki ōu mahi
In Revenue Platform, we are on a mission to unlock the full value of Canva by empowering everyone, anywhere to pay and be paid seamlessly. We are engineering the Smartest Payments Engine to increase our payment success rates. Emerging markets are important to us, and we are working to create Truly Local payment capabilities. As Canva continues to rapidly grow, we are constantly solving problems as we aim for 1 billion monthly active users in 2026. Revenue Platform is central to Canva’s foundational revenue and profitability goals.
As the Engineering Lead, you will be responsible for the technical direction and execution of the team while continuing to be a hands-on engineer. Your role is to ensure the health and productivity of the team. You will ensure impactful projects are delivered while maintaining operational health.
What you'll do | Ōu Haepapa
- You will Coach engineers by providing regular, actionable feedback and collaboratively help them reach their personal growth goals
- You will set clear goals for the team and rally the team to execution on those goals
- You will ensure that there is a healthy environment for collaboration and the engineering culture within the team is open, pragmatic, and supportive
- You will own the team’s development methodology and rituals such as sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives
- You will build relationships with designers, product managers, data analysts and customer service agents as they are crucial to your team’s success
- You will be responsible for the team’s technical strategy and roadmap
- You will allocate tasks to team members and maintain a healthy balance of new initiatives and technical platform and scalabilityYou will write and review design documents, break projects down into milestones, and be responsible for project delivery
About you | He Kōrero Mōu
- Looking for an individual who is able to balance technical, people and delivery leadership to ensure an impactful team
- You should be able to communicate optimally with engineers and other collaborators and foster an inclusive culture
- We require experience with TypeScript (or other typed languages), React, MobX (or other state management libraries), and object-oriented language such as Java, APIs, cloud hosting, and distributed systems
- You should have experience in project delivery which will enable you to guide the team to success
- Additional experience with A/B testing, Experiment Driven Development, cross-browser and cross-device development, mobile app development, and knowledge in payment processing or financial services would be beneficial
- Looking for someone who has previously run an impactful team and is comfortable with delegation and coaching of engineers.
Working at Canva
Tō mahi ki te Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include: Flexible hours and working fully remotely from anywhere in New Zealand, which values your work-life balance because you know how you work best.
• Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• We have virtual wellness & development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs, Fitness & Yoga Classes and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process. / Ka whakatauhia e mātou ngā tikanga i runga i ōu whēako, ōu pūkenga me tō ngākaunui mō te mahi. Kia mahara mai; He uiuinga tata te uiui.Ina
tono koe, tēnā, kōrero mai ki a mātou ngā kupu hunga ingoa e whakamahia anae koe, me ngā rereketanga whaitake e hiahiatia ana e koe i te wā o te uiui.