Canva’s Commitment and Mission
Ngā Manawanuitanga me ngā uaratanga o Canva
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the group | He kōrero e pā ana ki ōu mahi
The Trust & Safety (T&S) Group vision is to make Canva the world’s most trusted company for safe design. To safeguard our community, our T&S engineering teams build technologies to prevent, detect, and mitigate abuse and fraud that could compromise the trust people have in Canva, such as unacceptable content, bots, account takeovers, and other abuse vectors.
As an Engineering Lead, you'll lead a team of dedicated engineers and look after the technical direction and execution of the team while continuing to be a hands-on engineer. Your role is to ensure the health, efficiency, and growth of everyone that you are accountable for. You'll ensure impactful projects are delivered with high quality while maintaining operational health.
What you’ll do | Ōu Haepapa
- Lead and mentor a high-impact and diverse team of software engineers to design, develop, and deploy engineering solutions to prevent, detect, and mitigate content abuse, account abuse and other forms of malicious or fraudulent behaviours
- Work closely with leadership, product managers, technical program managers, data analysts, reviewers, and other multi-functional partners
- Own the team’s technical strategy and roadmap as well as the development methodology and rituals such as sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives.
- Write and review design documents and code, break projects down into achievements, and drive the delivery of large, cross-team, and cross-group initiatives and projects from ideation to completion, with autonomy and independence of decision making.
- Set clear goals for the team and rally them to execution on those goals
- Mentor/coach engineers by providing regular, concrete feedback and collaboratively help them reach their personal growth goals
- Promote a safe & respectful culture with a focus on knowledge sharing, collaboration, and open communication
About you | He Kōrero Mōu
- Experience leading and coaching a team of software engineers
- Proven experience of owning and operating high availability, high scale services
- Experience building hard-working and collaborative teams
- Understand the entire product life cycle, features, technical debt, QA, and supporting quality at speed
- Have a balance of delivery leadership, people leadership, and technical skillsAbility to lead by example; promote Canva’s values, no-blame mentality, and engineering values
- Experience working with various partners such as product managers, technical program managers, data analysts, reviewers, security, legal, and other business functions outside of engineering
- Experience in trust & safety, content moderation, fraud, or abuse preferred, but not essential
Working at Canva
Tō mahi ki te Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include: Flexible hours and working fully remotely from anywhere in New Zealand, which values your work-life balance because you know how you work best.
• Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• We have virtual wellness & development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs, Fitness & Yoga Classes and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process. / Ka whakatauhia e mātou ngā tikanga i runga i ōu whēako, ōu pūkenga me tō ngākaunui mō te mahi. Kia mahara mai; He uiuinga tata te uiui.Ina
tono koe, tēnā, kōrero mai ki a mātou ngā kupu hunga ingoa e whakamahia anae koe, me ngā rereketanga whaitake e hiahiatia ana e koe i te wā o te uiui.