Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Canva’s Customer Happiness team are the face of a platform used by millions of people every day. With over 10 million active users, we strive to make each and every customer happy. The team interacts with our users to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns and requests about Canva and its features. Customer happiness is what gets us up in the morning! Our aim is to provide excellent customer service and to promote this idea throughout the organization.
We’re looking for people with the passion and hunger to solve problems. You need great attention to detail, and an ability to put yourself in other people’s shoes. We need someone who loves challenges and is adaptable to change. Do you want to work within a cross-cultural, customer-oriented organisation? Yes? Then we would love to hear from you!
What you'll do...
- Provide excellent customer service to our users globally, through fast, upbeat, and genuine responses to inquiries and feedback
- Handle Legal, Privacy and Security issues and escalations in CHT
- Accountable in analyzing, answering and escalating tickets within SLA
- Communicate urgent and sensitive issues directly to the Canva legal team
- Communicate with SME team for changes in policies and processes to be updated in Confluence
- Be familiar and have a good understanding of our Terms of Service and policies
- Relay trends, insights, suggestions and recommendations to Coach
- Answers customer communication in an efficient manner
- Provide accurate answers and solutions to customer queries
- Address customer issues in a patient manner with a genuine desire to help our users be successful
- Collaborate with immediate team, other customer happiness teams to ensure overall customer and product satisfaction
- Be motivated to meet or exceed key performance targets, both personally and as a team
- Follow team communication procedures, policies, and guidelines at all times
- Perform each duty above with our customers’ satisfaction as your number one priority
- Act as an effective Canva Ambassador to our customers and the team, fully-equipped with anything Canva-related
What we’re looking for...
- Have at least one year of relevant customer service experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keen eye, scrutiny and great attention to detail
- Ability to understand and scrutinize legal documents
- Ability to assess, prioritize and take action on legal inquiries depending on the level of sensitivity
- Curiosity and strong desire to improve CHT legal processes and escalations
- Resourcefulness in researching complex legal issues
- Strong sense, gauge and decision making in whether to answer or escalate concerns
- Must be adaptable to 24/7 shifting schedule
- Have previous experience working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Have self motivation for learning
- Have the ability to thrive in high pressure situations
- Are motivated, energetic, driven work ethic
- Have time management skills
- Have the ability to meet and/or exceed key performance metrics
- Are amenable to 24/7 shifting schedule - rotating shifts, weekday rest days and split offs
is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been the ranked #1 Australian Workplace in Technology by JobAdvisor for the second year in a row.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Psst -We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife
Being a force for good
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• A temporary work from home setup as we prepare to provide a safe environment for Canvanauts who would like to work in the office. Our Future of Work plan is to move towards a hybrid work model (in-office & from home) You and your team can determine your ideal work setup. Whichever works best for you, #KayaSaCanva.
• Unique and flexible leaves options: :Recharge and go on your next getaway or simply take time off for yourself through our Vacation Leave, Give back through our Volunteer Leave to help out a charity or NGO of choiceSupport yourself or take care of your loved ones (even your furbabies) through our Sick or Carer’s Leave
• Focus on your own growth and development through our Professional Educational Leave
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowances for you to spend on anything that supports your wellbeing. Whether it’s a workshop, an electronic stand-up desk, a gym membership, or dinner with a teammate, we encourage you to do what you need to do in order to thrive.
• Virtual and in-office wellness and development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistance Programs, Fitness Classes and more to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program that matches your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
• A variety of Canva clubs that you can join to connect you to fellow Canvanauts with similar interests. From cycling, skincare, pets, to foodies (and the list goes on), we got you covered! Club activities can also be done remotely or in person.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.