We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the Finance Operations Team
The Finance Operations is a rapidly growing team composed of Canva's Treasury, GL, Source to Pay, and AR. The majority of the team members sit in the Shared Services Team. FinOps deals mainly with Canva's tactical activities - ensuring the accuracy and timely recording of financial data while empowering Canvanauts to focus on their impact.
About the candidate
We are looking for a Revenue Accountant to be responsible for the maintenance of revenue accounting records across multiple revenue streams and jurisdictions.
You will have solid experience in revenue accounting and in preparing adjustments and relevant documentation such as reconciliations. You have a keen eye for detail and thrive on process development and improvements. You will be the first point of contact not just for Finance but for teams across the business when it comes to revenue recording and will therefore be required to deal with a range of internal stakeholders.
You are a team player, enjoy collaborating and rallying the team towards achieving its goals and always willing to lend a hand to your colleagues for the collective good. Your values and interpersonal approach will be a metric of success for this role.
About your role..
- Preparation of Canva’s monthly and quarterly revenue and deferred revenue adjustments, and ensuring revenue recognition is in accordance with company policy.
- Preparation of merchant service fees and print costs calculations related to the monthly revenue recognised.
- Preparation of other revenue-related adjustments including aged credit packs recognition and offline revenue streams adjustments.
- Preparation of NetSuite and Leapfin monthly reconciliations
- Create and maintain balance sheet reconciliations for revenue-related accounts including fluctuation analysis if needed.
- Review of the current revenue recording process and where appropriate, recommend and execute improvements.
What we are looking for…
- A Bachelor’s/College Degree in Finance/Accountancy or equivalent
- 2-3 years of knowledge and experience in transactional processing, reporting, and related revenue recognition processes.
- Experience within a Revenue Accountant role is highly preferred
- Experience with ERP systems such as Xero, SAP, Oracle, Workday Financials, etc is essential, experience with NetSuite Oneworld is preferred but not required.
- Advanced Excel/Gsheet skills are desirable
- A keen eye for details and the ability to identify and correct errors in processing
- Highly organised with the ability to work within set deadlines
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills;
- Professional experience in a similar industry or high growth company;
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Free meals everyday! We have talented In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us everyday.
- Gym membership allowance
- Professional education allowance
- Mental health benefit through employee assistance program.
- Competitive HMO and Leave benefits
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Countless fun and quirky celebrations
- Work in one of the coolest office in Makati
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked Australia’s #1 place to work.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Psst - We have in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.