We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
The People Team
Canva’s People Team has a big mission to build the most effective and engaged company in the world! Our success is finding, growing and empowering the best engineers, designers, product managers, growth marketers and operators in the world.
The People Team is a critical function at Canva. The continued growth of the business relies on the ability of the Talent Acquisition to work together to source, attract, and retain world-class talent. As a result of this exciting growth, the People Team is seeking a Talent Acquisition Coordinator to support one of the highest-performing internal recruitment teams.
Key to the success of Canva are world class product, business, and engineering teams. Thus, you will be collaborating closely with the business to ensure we're working in sync as a productive hiring team.
What you'll do
- You are a process owner: you take charge in ensuring that we provide the best candidate experience to our applicants all throughout their getting-into-Canva journey. This means, you own communication and coordination with recruiters, hiring managers, and other stakeholders that are crucial in a candidate’s hiring experience.
- You support teams: you are proactive in supporting your client groups with recruiting processes including scheduling interviews, hosting candidates, ensuring rooms are booked, liaising with candidates and leaders at Canva.
- You are an advocate of process improvement: you ensure that the talent acquisition and hiring teams have the best and efficient hiring process by optimising resources, researching and suggesting cutting-edge tools and software to use, and identifying trends and issues in the scheduling process and interviewer hiring resources.
- You obsess about great candidate experience: At Canva, we care deeply about our People. Our candidate experience isn’t anything different. You are well-spoken on the phone and articulate over emails. You can effectively share the Canva story, vision and culture and act as a brand ambassador.
- You are data-driven: You are always trying to improve our hiring process and you will think with a data-first approach.
- You identify talent: You play an active role in partnering with recruiters to source and proactively build a pipeline of qualified candidates for high volume roles.
What we’re looking for
- At least 2 years of experience as an in-house coordinator supporting a fast-paced hiring team
- Have experience in improving processes, identifying issues and gaps in processes, and suggesting user-focused improvements
- Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills - you must be 100% comfortable writing emails, preparing candidates for interviews, and communicating with internal stakeholders
- Have prior experience in building and maintaining successful stakeholder relationships across the various functions globally
- Have experience managing small projects with a focus on quality and on-time turnaround of deliverables
- Have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, a curious demeanour, and be self-motivated by the desire to hone your recruitment and team-building skills in a challenging, yet fun, casual environment
- Have a genuine desire to work within a fast-paced, cross-cultural, technology product startup environment catering to millions of users all over the world!
Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.