At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Be a part of the project and design your future.
Canva’s SEO is world class, and we’re looking for an experienced freelance Technical SEO Specialist to work alongside our team on a 6 month project to help us scale!
You’ll be working closely with a small team of Engineers, Product Designers and Template Designers across English and localised markets to conduct a detailed review of current site architecture and produce recommendations on optimisations to generate strong SEO performance.
You’ll thrive and adapt in a hyper-growth environment, and you’re confident making decisions and tradeoffs backed by data and experience. You have a curiosity for problem-solving, identifying new opportunities and continuous process improvements.
What you will do
- You will conduct a detailed review of current site architecture and produce recommendations on optimisations to generate strong SEO performance.
- You will review current template categorisation and build out a new categorisation framework
- You will conduct keyword research and competitor analysis to produce a list of priority categories and templates for the design team to create.
- You will review and optimise template pages and category pages to run on-page optimisation.
- You will monitoring organic performance on a weekly basis and address any technical issues with the WP developer and GM.
- You will conduct 1 backlink audit every month to remove toxic links with recommendations on new.
- You will upload and organise content within wordpress.
- You will design and run CRO experiments with the goal of increasing redirect traffic to Canva.
- You have experience in SEO and CRO, having worked with major websites as part of a team
- You are comfortable working in cross-functional teams in a hyper-growth environment
- You are comfortable with setting up, actioning and reporting on CRO experiments
- You are highly competent using tools and tech including Wordpress, Ahrefs, SEMRush Optimizely, GA, GSC and Hotjar
- You can interpret data and provide actionable insights to guide your decision making
- You are familiar with keywordtool.io
- You have outstanding communication skills - you will need to be in close contact with the Global team, providing regular updates on your progress
- You enjoy taking onboard feedback and direction
About the team
As Canva continues to scale, so does our user base, and in order to ensure we’re providing fresh, relevant ‘ingredients’ for all of their design needs, we’re continually producing and acquiring new content in the form of photos, graphics, fonts, videos, and more. The mission of the Photos team is to create high-quality, diverse and inspiring photography. One of our biggest goals is to diversify and grow our photo library providing our users with authentic, culturally relevant photos that they can use in their designs.
We make decisions to engage contractors based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that contractor-accreditation meetings are conducted virtually. When you signify interest in the Project, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the contractor-accreditation interview process.