Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Want to join Canva?
The Product Growth Super Group is responsible for our premium SaaS products, Canva Pro, Enterprise and Teams Products. We are responsible for building, improving and growing a product that can help our users be more productive, and achieve more with Canva. We have a mission of empowering millions of businesses/teams to grow and we’re making pretty amazing progress!
The Revenue Platform Group is deeply rooted within the Product Growth Super Group. Owning the strategy and roadmap for enabling everyone, across the planet, to access the paid features of Canva, be this through a subscription or a one-off transaction. No two countries are the same, it is our job to understand, evaluate and prioritize what works best and for who. We do everything from building out complex new payment integrations to enabling other Canva groups to achieve their goals and monetize their features.
What you’ll do
- You will uphold and live by the Canva values and strive for the team to uphold and live by the Canva values.
- As a Team lead, you will coach, mentor, and grow a team of Specialists while developing your coaching capability to scale the team and meet the needs of the growing product.
- Uplift the expertise within the team through 1:1s, mentorship, and performance evaluations to uncover any opportunities for improvement to enable the team to achieve their goals
- As a Function Lead, serve as a Subject Matter Expert and handles a queue of cases for investigation as needed. Handle escalated inquiries, ensuring that each issue has an outcome and actions are taken after investigating.
- You will drive the planning and refinement of seasonal goals, ensuring alignment between the company, group, and teams.
- Foster a culture of communication, bridging the communication gap between teams, groups, and company leadership.
- You’ll proactively drive initiatives forward: You will keep seasonal programs on track by coordinating and tracking timelines, milestones, and statuses, raising issues as needed. Able to work across big-picture initiatives, break assignments down into manageable efforts, and ensure they can be tracked and delivered.
- You think and act as We, not Me. We’re all one team. You love collaborating and building trusted relationships with your team, ensuring everyone is empowered to do the best work and have the best time.
- An experienced and influential people leader. With at least five years of leadership experience in the customer service/BPO industry, you have led and developed people from different backgrounds and motivations. You can inspire and drive excellent performance, leading your team to meet and exceed targets with a bias for continuous improvement.
- Proven technical and people leadership, having previously created impactful and psychologically safe teams where everyone can share their best ideas and be their best selves.
- Hands-on leader: You’re comfortable leading and rolling up your sleeves to pitch a solution, handle customer objections, and run decision processes to get a partnership across the line.
- You problem-solve and communicate complexity effectively - You strive for clarity and alignment and have a gift for intuitively communicating sophisticated ideas. You identify critical values versus nice-to-haves in solving problems. You are comfortable making hypotheses by drawing usable insights from data and can lead with logic when making recommendations.
- Comfortable with uncertainty. You can find solutions without perfect precedents or direction and map a path to clarity and execution. You can work out ways to achieve the impossible and ride through change like a boss.
- Relationship builder and good communicator: you thrive in being in front of partners, internal colleagues, and external customers, actively building positive relationships with them, ensuring they are successful with Canva.
- You’re highly organized. You are detail-oriented and excellent at prioritizing to get things done in an engaging environment. You’re not easily overwhelmed.
- Conceptual knowledge of practices and procedures of disputes and fraud through role-gained education or equivalent relevant work experience is a plus
About the Role/Specialty
The Disputes and Fraud team is deeply rooted within the Revenue Platform Group. Our mission is to “Ensure Canva’s reputation and revenue are safeguarded with disputes and fraud management tools.” As a an Operation Lead, working alongside the Product Manager, you will be vital to managing fraud investigations, answering ad-hoc and escalated inquiries from stakeholders within and outside your team, and owning and developing processes to achieve the team’s mission and our goals, to fight and decrease fraud at Canva.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• A temporary work from home setup as we prepare to provide a safe environment for Canvanauts who would like to work in the office. Our Future of Work plan is to move towards a hybrid work model (in-office & from home) You and your team can determine your ideal work setup. Whichever works best for you, #KayaSaCanva.
• Unique and flexible leaves options: :Recharge and go on your next getaway or simply take time off for yourself through our Vacation Leave, Give back through our Volunteer Leave to help out a charity or NGO of choiceSupport yourself or take care of your loved ones (even your furbabies) through our Sick or Carer’s Leave
• Focus on your own growth and development through our Professional Educational Leave
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowances for you to spend on anything that supports your wellbeing. Whether it’s a workshop, an electronic stand-up desk, a gym membership, or dinner with a teammate, we encourage you to do what you need to do in order to thrive.
• Virtual and in-office wellness and development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistance Programs, Fitness Classes and more to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program that matches your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
• A variety of Canva clubs that you can join to connect you to fellow Canvanauts with similar interests. From cycling, skincare, pets, to foodies (and the list goes on), we got you covered! Club activities can also be done remotely or in person.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.