Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About Visual Content
Canva’s in-house Visual Content team is on a mission to empower our users around the world by providing them with world-class, inspirational Templates and Elements that help them achieve their creative goals.
We work from concept to creation on high quality, globally relevant, trend-setting creative across Canva’s product ecosystem (Presentations, Docs, Whiteboards, Social Media, Websites, Print, to name but a few!), Brand Partnerships, Seasonal and Cultural Campaigns, Education, and Diversity Initiatives.
Visual Content is responsible for setting the overall Creative Strategy and Direction for the content that sits within Canva’s library, entrusted with holding our content and its creators to the highest of standards. Our job is to ensure that our library provides end-to-end content solutions that enable our users, whether they be Professionals, Educators, or first-time Designers, with the tools they need to create beautiful designs.
Our team partners with many stakeholders across the Canva organization, including Product, Marketing, and Search & Recommendations to devise, design and deliver creative content that showcases the very best of Canva’s products and services.
About the Role
Sitting within the Visual Content group, the Curation Lead will help establish a new Curation team that will identify and elevate the best of Canva’s content library, providing inspiration and utility to Canva’s global community of Designers and Creators. As representatives of Visual Content, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to grow and position the curated content experience on Canva, serve as the voice of Canva via regular curated editorial initiatives, and partner with Content Insights to provide reporting and thought leadership on trends and the evolution of design.
You will establish and own Visual Content’s programming calendar, curating collections of lighthouse content around key cultural moments and Canva product tentpoles by identifying our best templates and elements to be showcased across a variety of on-platform surfaces. You will have a finger on the pulse on creative, digital, social and technological trends, and use that knowledge to ensure Canva is staying ahead of the curve and serving timely, relevant, high quality content to our users.
Your collaboration with stakeholders across the company will enable Visual Content to surface high quality content across our Search, Marketing, and Marketplace touchpoints, working closely with Product to evolve the presentation and distribution of curated content across Canva. As well as content created by our In-House design team, you will partner with our Community teams to surface the best content delivered by our global network of Creators.
We move fast here at Canva, and this role will certainly keep you on your toes. We are looking for someone who loves to get stuff done. You’re who we want to work with if you can balance your brilliant creative streak with ruthless prioritization that moves projects rapidly along.
We believe in attracting and nurturing world-class talent with a focus on diversity, community, career development – and doing the best work of our lives.
What you'll do:
- Own Visual Content's Curation Strategy, this includes its development, implementation and continual optimisation
- Compose and manage a programming calendar of key seasonal, cultural, and strategic moments in order to serve users, amplify creators, and support cross-functional priorities.
- Curate a diverse array of evergreen collections to showcase the best of Canva content and improve utility and output from our community of designers.
- Monitor and report on content and design trends, in concert with Insights and Community teams, and evangelize internally, serving as a key resource and advocate for quality design.
- Collaborate with Visual Content’s Strategic and Craft Leadership to develop and identify our best content for elevation and promotion (across in-house, creators, & partnership libraries), and work with the team to use Curation to deliver on Content goals.
- Provide thought leadership on the evolution of design, partner on building a vision for the future of content on Canva, and serve as the voice of Canva in bringing this vision to our entire community of users.
- Collaborate with Product to develop new ways of curating, editorializing, and surfacing aspirational content to our users.
- Leverage curation to educate Canva users on new products, toolsets, features, and trends.
- Promote content diversity, authenticity and safety in order to serve the full Canva community and drive Canva values.
What we're looking for
- Be an expert on design culture and trends and ensure that Canva content remains current and relevant.
- Have extensive previous experience in curation and editorialisation of Digital Media and Creative Content.
- Have an acute understanding of the different content needs across our products and user groups, leveraging that knowledge to deliver curated sets of content that enables those users to achieve their tasks efficiently and at high quality.
- A senior leader who is comfortable communicating and engaging with Canva leadership, organizational stakeholders, and growing, coaching and mentoring a team of editorially minded individuals.
- A keen eye for what makes great design, and an ability to curate content that helps educate our users on new ways to create digital content.
- An ability to interpret user trends and data, working collaboratively with our Content Strategy and Insights team to use that insight to bring our editorial and curated content to life in a timely fashion.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.