We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the Team
From branding to social media, presentations to stickers, to videos and beyond, the Visual Content group empowers our users to create stunningly beautiful content—by beginning their journey with a perfect and easily customizable template design and ingredients to fulfill their every design need. Canva’s Visual Content group is building the world’s best design marketplace, with a library of designs and ingredients that offer our users a wide variety of on-trend and usable content. We need the help of a People and Operations admin assistant to support the creation and delivery of amazing work, to help pave the way for the future of our design library.
About the Role
As the Project Manager intern for our rapidly growing Visual Content Group, you will support the Design Operations and People leads to deliver the foundational processes and initiatives for the team. As part of our vibrant and friendly creative studio, you'll have the opportunity to work on the newest Canva products and you'll be an integral part of Canva's creative offering as you help co-ordinate projects, be a guardian of processes and provide hands-on daily support to the team.
About the Candidate
We are looking for a detail orientated organisational whiz. You show initiative, are a great communicator and a committed problem-solver. You will have a passion for creative work and ideally you will come from a creative agency or have recently completed a degree and want to get into the creative industry.
What you'll do...
- Manage our Project Management tools and ensure team compliance (and success!)
- Support the Operations Lead on triaging all new briefs
- Own key team documents ensuring they are kept up-to-date and accessible to the team
- Become a Visual Content Team expert, being the go-to person working alongside the Ops Lead to problem-solve and trouble-shoot issues
- Own all team meetings, ensure documents are prepared, attendees are available
- Support on campaign tracking process in partnership with the Ops Lead & Finance team
- Work closely with the team and provide assistance in other operations or people team tasks
What we're looking for...
- If you don't have any work experience, we'd love still love to hear from you if you have a passion for the operational side of the creative process
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- You enjoy clear, structured and routine tasks
- Initiative and a drive to improve processes and ways-of-working
- A great communicator with a love of building relationships
- You are a people person who thrives in a team and collaborative working environments
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.