Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the team
Want to be responsible for the engine that powers most of Canva’s web pages? The Pages Platform team provides tools that enable Canvanauts to build great landing pages without sweating. Our tools help with many disciplines involved in developing great pages, such as accessibility, content, data, experimentation, localization, monitoring, SEO, performance, etc.
This role is remote-friendly across Australia and New Zealand - you don't have to live in Sydney to make a huge impact at Canva.
What you’ll do
- Building tools and frameworks that help us improve efficiency in the process of creating and managing content
- Design, develop and deploy solutions and hands-on software development – working closely with leads, designers, and product managers to deliver features and capabilities for our users
- Communicate effectively with Product Managers and Engineers across Canva when developing a solution; seeks and incorporates diverse perspectives to address complex issues
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and effectively advocate for engineering needs to non-technical stakeholders within the group
- Models initiative and ownership in achieving goals, improving processes and solutions
- Identifies opportunities for cross-team collaboration to work on new ideas and improvements that help achieving our goals
What we're looking for
- Firmly grounded computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns
- Working collaboratively with team members and communicating effectively
- Experience with TypeScript (or other typed languages), React, MobX (or other state management libraries)
- Ability to write performant, reusable code for UI components, including appropriate testing
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.