Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
The position requires efficient review skills, experience in Content Moderation operations, high attention to detail, and the ability to problem solve and give feedback to continue improving our T&S policies and tools. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about maintaining high standards in content review, moderation, and process knowledge.
What You'll Do
- Enforce Trust & Safety Policy, including Content Moderation, handling incidents, escalations, appeals, and quality assurance for outsourced staff.
- Refine T&S Content Moderation enforcement guidelines and standard operating procedures (SOP) to maximize impact, such as in efficient task handling.
- Operate and refine moderation systems and processes, working in close collaboration with content moderation engineering as their primary user
- Collaborate with your team and others to thrive towards operational excellence to ensure Canva is the most trusted company for safe design.
- Ensure Canva’s values and policies are consistently applied in the moderation of user-generated content, Canva’s content library.
- Build a deep understanding of the current content moderation process and other T&S challenges by working with Product and content moderation leaders to understand existing issues and escalation points.
- Be an escalation point for all content moderation incidents, appeals, and investigations including user and government reports.
- Collaborate with other content review and customer engagement teams to share strategies and best practices, and minimize redundancy.
- Develop thinking and analyzing of moderation decisions through multiple lenses and understanding the ambiguity and nuances of guidelines.
You will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes.
- We are looking for an analyst who will help us ensure that content made with Canva is safe by applying and improving our T&S standards and enforcement processes. We’d love to see:
- Proven experience in content moderation, content inspection, abuse management, or review, having an understanding of guidelines, enforcement and operations.
- Excellent Mandarin/English communication skills in both verbal and written
- Passion for defending users from harassment, misinformation, inauthentic behaviour, platform abuse and other abuse vectors.
- Experience crafting and/or implementing moderation enforcement guidelines, with the ability to not only contribute operational best practices, but support a culture of continuous improvement
- An innovator who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get into the weeds.
- Ability to proactively unblock others with an improvement-focused approach.
- Highly collaborative and effective with the ability to lead by example and contribute through sensible, thoughtful communication and execution.
- Empower teammates to contribute and collaborate based on insights gathered from the front lines of content decision-making.
- Willing to accept working schedule during weekends & holidays
- Canva China is a group of over 140+ people, spanning from engineering, product, design and operations, and is supported by our Sydney Headquarters. With all the product features and improvements we are rolling out at an immense scale. People only create in places they trust, and the Content Moderation team’s vision is that Canva is the world’s most trusted platform for safe design. In our mission to safeguard our community, we work with a lot of efforts to prevent and mitigate incidents that could compromise the trust people have in Canva, from adult content to child abuse material, misinformation to hate speech, phishing, spam, bots, account takeovers, and other abuse vectors.
- Abusive content and behaviour is not only directly against our values, it hurts our business as well. We create crucial detection, review, and moderation services to understand and address Canva’s complex and changing world. Some of the biggest changes we need to address are the continuously growing international user base, content and usage types, new features, regulatory requirements, and evolving abuse vectors.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Competitive salary, plus equity options where you will enjoy the rapid growth of Canva and have impact every day.
• Flexible working hours that cater to how you best work. We value work-life balance and you decided what works best for you.
• Healthy and delicious breakfast, lunch, fruit, drinks and snacks options. You can enjoy the TGIF special drinks and live cooking.
• Unique and flexible leave that goes beyond just standard annual leave including flexible leave, carer’s leave, Force for Good leave, education leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own development.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. It could be anything, from a fitness center membership to personal development training, or dinner out with a teammate. Because you know what you need, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including; Canva University, Fitness Classes (Yoga & Meditation) Employee Assistant Programs, social clubs and team events that are sponsored by the company.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process. / 我们会根据你的经验、技能和对于职位的热情来做出雇佣决定。当你进行申请时，请告诉我们你希望我们对你使用的称谓，以及在面试过程中你可能需要的任何合理调整。