We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
We’re looking for the next generation of Canvanauts! What is a Canvanaut you ask? It’s someone who is part of the Canva team and we’ve developed a program to support you in becoming one.
About Canva’s Launchpad Program
Launchpad is for career starters looking to lay the foundations for a successful, fulfilling and exciting career. Whether you’re fresh out of university, high school or looking to make a change early on in your career, we’ve crafted a 12-month professional development program that sets you, a Canvanaut Launcher, up with the skills and network you need to be successful at Canva (and beyond!). Alongside your Launchpad cohort, you’ll work on impactful projects, develop a network of Launchers and Canvanauts, and build foundations that will support you as your career takes off.
It’s probably worth noting that this opportunity is a full-time, permanent position. We’re looking for the talent of tomorrow and the Launchpad Program is designed to support you in the first 12-months of your journey at Canva.
Being a Canvanaut Launcher
Our goal is to upskill all of our Launchers for progression. We want you to reach for the stars and achieve amazing things throughout the year, so rather than grabbing coffees and making friends with the photocopier, we provide you with a structured program that is all about learning, building your professional network and taking on projects that will make a difference to Canva and our community. Throughout all of this, you will be supported by a Coach and a Buddy who will provide you with all of the support and guidance you need to succeed. Goals you’ll achieve Launchpad kicks off with Canva’s very own Blastoff Orientation Bootcamp (BOB), two weeks of tailored orientation to give you the Canva context and the confidence to navigate specialty tasks. From there, you’ll dive into a 12-month program that includes monthly:
- Skills workshops hosted by our awesome team
- Social events and coffee dates with fellow Launchers and Canvanauts
- ‘Sit-Down’ Events where you get to showcase your work and learnings
What you'll do
- Supporting the product team with identifying new product feature development opportunities
- Supporting a product launch from development to delivery to our Canva community
- Building positioning and messaging for our key products and features, which is tested with our core audiences
- Competitive and customer research and analysis to identify key product and market opportunities
- Supporting our marketing teams with building marketing collateral for our key products
Who you'll be
- No more than two years work experience. We’re looking for anyone who wants to enter the workforce - whether you’ve just finished high school, you chose not to finish university or you have recently graduated.
- You want to do meaningful work and make a difference
- You live and breathe the Canva values - they are incredibly important to us as we build the team and scale the business
- You enjoy working with others to bring projects to life
- You bring a can-do attitude and your whole self to work
- Finished high school
- Lives in Sydney Australia
- Applications close Monday 1st November
- Flexible hours and a hybrid working model which values work-life balance
- Our very own Canva University, internal coaching and
- Employee Support Programs to help you be your best
- Unique and flexible leave options so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development
- An annual Vibe & Thrive Allowance for you to spend as you choose on personal education, wellbeing, home office and social connection
- Virtual and in-office fitness and yoga classes, an onsite gym and breakfast and lunch prepared at our pet-friendly Sydney office by in-house chefs
- Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in
- Support for family and carers including a parental leave policy that prioritises inclusivity, recognising the diverse representations of modern families and supporting work-life balance.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love being part of. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every preference, to help you do the best work of your life. We recognise that every single person is unique and our workplace benefits aim to ensure we cater for all.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.