Canva’s Commitment and Mission
Ngā Manawanuitanga me ngā uaratanga o Canva
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Team | He kōrero e pā ana ki ōu mahi:
The Cloud Platform Group:
Within Infrastructure, is the Cloud Platform Group. They are made up of approximately 60 Software Engineers, and their goal is to enable the safe, secure and reliable operation of canva.com
and internal workloads. Cloud Platform’s mission is to reduce the complexity of using the Cloud (we use AWS) so that engineers can focus on their own domains. We build products to support engineers across the company to easily provision and configure Cloud resources, release, run and operate workloads. And our goal is to ensure it's all done in the simplest and most secure way possible.
The Cloud Components team’s primary mission is to provide easy ways to provision, configure and manage infrastructure in the Cloud for all engineering teams at Canva. In order to fulfil this mission, we are not only following Software engineering best practices and Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) methodologies, but also designing, maintaining and implementing supportive automations and Cloud architectures. Therefore, we expect Cloud Component team members to possess a spectrum of skills from general computer science skills, Cloud solution architectures, IaC tooling to high-level programming languages.
What you'll do | Ōu Haepapa:
- Design, implement and maintain processes and automations for Canva’s engineering teams to simplify the provisioning and configuration of their workloads in the Cloud and other platforms
- Be an SMEs in Infrastructure-as-Code (specifically, in Terraform and AWS)
- Develop infrastructure solutions with scalability, high-availability, and security in mind
- Collaborate with other teams to work out the best solutions to their cloud problems
- Participate in solution design meetings, hiring interviews, and code reviews
- Propose and contribute to new approaches and solutions to ensure we future-proof Canva's distributed cloud infrastructure as we continue scaling globally
Experience and Background | Wheako me te Papamuri:
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience in designing, maintaining, automating Cloud Infrastructure in AWS (preferred), GCP and/or Azure
- Experience working with infrastructure as code - Terraform (preferred), AWS CloudFormation / SAM / CDK, or similar
- Strong Computer Science background and knowledge of OOP fundamentals
- Advanced coding proficiency in either Python or Golang (or both)
- An understanding of cloud security best practices
- Working knowledge of DevOps best practices, Microservices, Kubernetes, Container Orchestration, Serverless
- The ability to guide and mentor other members within the team and improve the way we collaborate, learn, and share ideas
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - both technical and plain language
Check out what life is like at Canva on Instagram
Working at Canva
Tō mahi ki te Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include: Flexible hours and working fully remotely from anywhere in New Zealand, which values your work-life balance because you know how you work best.
• Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• We have virtual wellness & development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs, Fitness & Yoga Classes and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process. / Ka whakatauhia e mātou ngā tikanga i runga i ōu whēako, ōu pūkenga me tō ngākaunui mō te mahi. Kia mahara mai; He uiuinga tata te uiui.Ina
tono koe, tēnā, kōrero mai ki a mātou ngā kupu hunga ingoa e whakamahia anae koe, me ngā rereketanga whaitake e hiahiatia ana e koe i te wā o te uiui.