Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
The Developer Platform Group owns the coding life cycle at Canva – from ideas through to production. Our mission is “To forge a delightful ecosystem for engineers at Canva, amplifying their craft and enabling them to ship fast and correct. At scale.”We create an environment in which developers can do their best work.
What is exciting about this role?
CI services and integration team’s mission is to provide comprehensive building blocks of CI system via developing in-house services or integrating third party solutions with quality, reliability and observability in mind.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about improving the developer experience to help build the CI system that take near real time to build and provide meaningful signals back to the engineers.
You will be working on an extensive distributed system, solving engineering problems at scale, involving pools of compute, pipelines, builds, tests and slicing up all the build and test infrastructure to work effectively.
What will the role be doing?
- Lead the team technically, mentor and guide other engineers in the team.
- Define the technical roadmap for the team, and guide the team on the journey
- Participate in solution design meetings, hiring interviews, and code reviews
- Improve and update documentation, define best practices and guidelines
- Build systems to ensure Canva’s developers’ builds are always green, and reacting quickly if something goes wrong.
- Construct better tooling and metrics so that we, and our users, understand the health of our systems
- Performance engineering to make our CI builds as fast as possible and make sure they stay that way
Key Skills and Experience
- Strong Computer Engineering / Science knowledge around fundamentals and first principles relating to concurrency, multithreading, data structures, architecture, and various design patterns
- An understanding of the DevOps ecosystem concerning tooling, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Infrastructure as Code
- Be self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership over complex problems and their related solutions.
- SRE basics (operating systems, computer/systems architecture, AWS, Terraform, nix)
- Proficiency in 2+ languages of Java, Typescript, Go, Python, Bash
- Bazel experience highly regarded
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.