We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
Product Management at Canva
The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually. As a Product Manager at Canva you help set this vision, define what that future looks like, and build the products and features that get us there.
Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the strategic direction, scope, and success metrics for product initiatives. We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. We are responsible for implementing and collaborating on product strategy, road mapping, and prioritisation as our product grows.
It’s our responsibility to see products through their entire lifecycle—from concept through to validation, build, post-launch analytics and iterations.
About our Ingredient Studio
Canva is an online platform that is available across the globe with millions of users worldwide, and our Ingredient Studio Team ensures that Canva realises its goal to empower our users to design and create with the highest quality photos, elements, stickers, videos and audio tracks that our users need for their designs.
Our mission is to bring the best content in the world into Canva and make it available for everyone to create beautiful designs. We achieve this in several ways:
1. In-house content production
2. Targeted content production with international artists
3. Acquisition of content or distribution rights for trendy content
4. Creating a truly diverse content library through our thriving Creators program
To give our users the best experience we have a rigorous review process for the content we make available in our library. We check that the content is high quality, consistent with Canva’s values and tagged with helpful metadata. These processes are done using a mix of internal tools and Machine Learning.
As Canva is growing the volume of content we’re reviewing is growing along with it and we are looking for a Product Manager to take on the challenge of taking our review systems to the next level so we can meet our future challenges!
You’ll enjoy this role if you love working on systems and processes at a global scale. You understand that behind every system are people and you use your strong communication skills to build networks across the company that allow you to identify opportunities to have more impact. You have a strong empathy for users and argue for them within Canva.
What you'll achieve in your first 6 months...
- Working with the Review Operational teams, define the long term strategy and roadmap for the content review systems
- Scope and launch new internal tools to speed up the process to audit content to make sure it is diverse and reflects our values
- Update review tools to manage new media types (e.g. Stickers, Audio & Video)Work with Analytics to establish and continuously track and improve success metrics
Your goals from 6-12 months...
- Expand the application of ML in content review to futureproof our review systems
- Develop world leading keyword management & optimisation tools to maximise the impact of content for our users in the Object Panel and on Marketplace pages
- Ultimately, ensure our review SLAs are met in a environment where the volume of content is growing rapidly
- Develop and own the strategic vision and product priorities for a review system that is high-performing, effective and reflects Canva’s values
- Engaging with technical, product, operational and business stakeholders to prioritise and build what really matters
- Own the integration of machine learning in content review, including engaging with vendors and internal ML teams
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop and maintain Canva’s content standards on quality, values and relevance
- Set crazy big goals and work with and inspire the team to make them happen!
Experience you'll have
- You have 3+ years of experience in Product Management
- Even more beneficial if you have experience in Review or Metadata systems!
- You love to scale products and systems! Large numbers don’t faze you and you can create a product vision out to 10x or 100x growth
- You can work effectively with operational teams and other internal stakeholders to create a shared vision and get them excited about where the product is going
- You have a strong sense of urgency when it comes to unblocking technical teams and enabling them to build
- You have a strong set of values and can argue for your values with internal stakeholders, including company leadership
- You have knowledge of technical systems and can engage with engineers to work through tricky details during refinements
What you'll learn at Canva
- You’ll learn how to think big, really big and take 10x bets
- You’ll learn to focus on the long term whilst making rapid progress in the short term
- You will learn about understanding processes and imagining a new way of operating that exponentially improves the speed of our Review systems
- You will learn how to implement ML and get results in a rapidly growing product
- You’ll learn about working at a founder led company with mission, values and a genuine desire to be a force for good in the world at the heart of everything we do
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.