Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Group/Team
The Customer Systems sub-group of the Information Technology (“IT”) group drives secure and scalable adoption of technologies that enable Canva’s scale. This is a new group where you will be on the ground floor of a rapidly expanding team as we aim to radically innovate the foundational infrastructure of our technology supporting these critical groups.
What you’ll do (responsibilities)
- Full technical support and oversight of the Zendesk platform into our support environment to include changes and reporting configurations.
- Perform initial troubleshooting; technical support; change management and maintenance of Zendesk, online chat tools and other customer service applications in both production and test environments including upgrades and data migration.
- Own business communication and work prioritization with the business sponsors and provide timely status updates
- Maintain control of access rights, security settings and user privileges for supported customer service applications
- Ensure comprehensive system and PII data integrity, including system security
- Own and maintain documentation for Zendesk setup, issue resolution, customizations, etc.
- Work cross-functionally to implement new or enhanced features to improve customer service.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science, or similar with
- 1+ years of Systems Admin experience in Zendesk; other Customer Care or Help Desk system administration experience is a plus.
- High-level of emotional intelligence and willingness to collaborate clearly and often with both the team and internal customers using Canva's values.
- Excellent at taking inputs and determining outcomes strategically and logically
- Experience troubleshooting in a SaaS environment and SaaS integrations is desirable.
- Experience developing reports and dashboards is desirable.
What you'll learn and how will they develop at Canva
- The preferred candidate will earn certifications in the 3rd party applications; i.e. Zendesk
- Learn customer support processes /best practices from User Voice and Information Technology
- Stay apprised of 3rd party system’s product roadmaps to advise and recommend capability developments
- The candidate will move from a more action-oriented state to a leader-state for system support processes, engaging with internal teams to resolve and implement efficiency-gains such as automation to continuously improve the service that the team provides to internal partners
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• A temporary work from home setup as we prepare to provide a safe environment for Canvanauts who would like to work in the office. Our Future of Work plan is to move towards a hybrid work model (in-office & from home) You and your team can determine your ideal work setup. Whichever works best for you, #KayaSaCanva.
• Unique and flexible leaves options: :Recharge and go on your next getaway or simply take time off for yourself through our Vacation Leave, Give back through our Volunteer Leave to help out a charity or NGO of choiceSupport yourself or take care of your loved ones (even your furbabies) through our Sick or Carer’s Leave
• Focus on your own growth and development through our Professional Educational Leave
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowances for you to spend on anything that supports your wellbeing. Whether it’s a workshop, an electronic stand-up desk, a gym membership, or dinner with a teammate, we encourage you to do what you need to do in order to thrive.
• Virtual and in-office wellness and development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistance Programs, Fitness Classes and more to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program that matches your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
• A variety of Canva clubs that you can join to connect you to fellow Canvanauts with similar interests. From cycling, skincare, pets, to foodies (and the list goes on), we got you covered! Club activities can also be done remotely or in person.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.