Canva’s Commitment and Mission
Ngā Manawanuitanga me ngā uaratanga o Canva
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Team
The Observability Traces & Exceptions Team is responsible for operational insights inside Canva. Our goal is to provide our development team with world-class tools to view how their services are performing in production. We achieve this by combining industry-leading third-party solutions with our own in-house developed solutions.
We work across the entire stack maintaining our tracing TypeScript & Java libraries, our tracing infrastructure, error libraries and error handling guidelines to name just a few. As we scale all of these areas, we require more sophisticated solutions to ensure that Canva developers can continue to grow without compromising on reliability or availability.
What you'll do (Responsibilities):
- Deliver features, taking ownership of the entire lifecycle from design doc through to implementation and release.
- Help deliver monitoring of critical user flows through complete end to end tracing.
- Help identify gaps in Observability tooling at Canva and help take it to the next level.
- Be proactive in modernising our Observability tooling and participate in brainstorming and POC’ing to determine how we can improve our existing systems.
- Be proactive and help improve trace instrumentation on the frontend to surface performance degradation in our frontend components.
- Help develop solutions to tackle difficult problems such as scaling our platforms to meet Canva's customer growth.
- Guide and mentor other people on the team and help them grow their skills and knowledge.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Comfortable and happy to code in TypeScript and Java.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Computer Engineering fundamentals and first principles
- Knowledge of Frontend performance metrics and web vitals.
- Experience working with and monitoring microservice architectures in large distributed cloud environments (ideally AWS).
- Experience with Observability tooling – having proficiency with tools like Datadog, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Sentry, or similar
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code, we’re a Terraform shop, but strong experience with other IaC tools will do the trick
- The ability to guide and mentor other members within the team and improve the way we collaborate, learn, and share ideas
- This role requires a lot of documentation and internal team members alignment; therefore strong written and verbal communication skills are required
Not essential; but helpful experience!
- Experience writing native code in Kotlin or Swift since we also maintain the tracing libraries for Android and iOS.
- Experience building and running monitoring infrastructure on a large scale. For example, Terabyte-scale Elasticsearch clusters, Prometheus, Kibana, Grafana, etc
- Experience with OpenTelemetry or writing code in Golang since we are adopting OpenTelemetry in a lot of the tooling we provide.
Check out what life is like at Canva on Instagram
Working at Canva
Tō mahi ki te Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include: Flexible hours and working fully remotely from anywhere in New Zealand, which values your work-life balance because you know how you work best.
• Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• We have virtual wellness & development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs, Fitness & Yoga Classes and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process. / Ka whakatauhia e mātou ngā tikanga i runga i ōu whēako, ōu pūkenga me tō ngākaunui mō te mahi. Kia mahara mai; He uiuinga tata te uiui.Ina
tono koe, tēnā, kōrero mai ki a mātou ngā kupu hunga ingoa e whakamahia anae koe, me ngā rereketanga whaitake e hiahiatia ana e koe i te wā o te uiui.