We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the group:
The M&E Platform Group has the mission to empower everyone at Canva to deliver unique and personalized experiences to billions of humans. It is a new group that has been setup to double down on the processes and systems that enable those in the broader Marketing & Engagement group to further drive Canva's hypergrowth by taking on projects including:
Launching machine learning-based personalized messaging across multiple marketing channelsBuilding a highly scalable, in-house marketing platformAutomating marketing campaign creation and rollout across marketingEvolving our experimentation framework to empower rapid experimentation across the Marketing organization Building a robust and fault tolerant multi-channel communications system
This role will be based in the Marketing Platform team who are building data products that will empower other Canvanauts to deliver highly targeted personalised marketing campaigns. The responsibilities of the Personalisation team will include: Building a decisioning tool to decide the right message or campaign to send to a user at the right timeBuilding propensity models to understand which marketing channel to target a user onBuilding a scalable infrastructure for delivering personalised messaging across all marketing channels
- You have a strong background in data analytics, machine learning or working with data scientists to solve important problems.
- You are constantly motivating those around you through your passion and drive for what you do and keep everyone on track, ensuring everyone’s doing their best.
- You can rally the team to work together and make sure everyone is working effectively to reach their goals.
- You have worked with data specialists and engineers and have a solid understanding of data technologies.
- You know that an engineer’s job is often to perfect the details; while your job is to map these details to the bigger picture.
- You are a problem solver who is excited by a challenge.
- You have a structured process to problem-solving and can take a problem—with many moving parts—and break it down into small achievable actions.
- You know when to be flexible though, and can alter your structure to fit the needs of the team and project.
- You enjoy a little flexibility in your work.
- Our growth means there are constantly new things to work on every day, and as such it’s likely that you’ll be working on new and exciting projects pretty often.
- Create an exciting vision for empowering Canvanauts to deliver highly personalised marketing experiences through in-house data products
- Work in a cross functional team of data analysts, data engineers and data scientists
- Partner with marketers, other product managers and business stakeholders to prioritise and build what really matters
- Become the subject matter expert on in-house marketing technologies at Canva
- Become the subject matter expert on marketing personalisation at Canva
- Help to craft and deliver the broader long term product vision for how Canva best solves the biggest problems for our marketing and engagement teams
- Set the priorities and goals for the team, track our progress, and manage stakeholder expectations
Experience you'll have
- Spent at least 3 years crafting and shipping successful personalisation products (ideally for marketing purposes) that have been adopted and used by businesses at scale Demonstrated ability to develop product strategy and take an idea from concept to execution.
- Experience taking products from 0 to 100 is essential.
- Have been successful developing and delivering high impact roadmaps and in a fast-paced, high-growth product environment
- You’re experienced and comfortable with proactively engaging stakeholders and working cross-functionally with multiple teams
- A strong technical background will be advantageous for this role, particularly for understanding the trade-offs involved in building a platform to support the rest of the business
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.