We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
Product Management @ Canva
The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually. As a Product Manager at Canva you help set this vision, define what that future looks like, and build the products and features that get us there.
Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the strategic direction, scope, and success metrics for product initiatives. We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. We are responsible for implementing and collaborating on product strategy, road mapping, and prioritisation as our product grows.
It’s our responsibility to see products through their entire lifecycle—from concept through to validation, build, post-launch analytics and iterations.
About the Group
The Teams Product Group within the businesses and education super group is on a mission to inspire everyone to create together. We are responsible for how teams of all kinds work together in Canva, from how they manage their content, how they collaborate and how they come together as teams to achieve their goals in Canva. In Teams product group we look after teams of all kinds from Education to Enterprise.
Driving teams and collaboration is a core company strategy for Canva in 2021, we are striving towards being used everyday by every team, school and workplace. We are early in on our journey and there is a whole lot more to do to achieve our vision and so we are looking for a Product Lead for teams & collaboration to join us to help propel us towards our vision.
The teams and collaboration subgroup consists of Content Management, Collaboration and Teams Experience teams and builds the core experience of how teams work together in Canva.
About the candidate
You can dream up a vision, set a product strategy and bring teams together to create and deliver a roadmap that requires multiple teams and groups to support. You thrive in a collaborative fast-paced environment, working with Product, Engineering, Design, Marketing, Sales and everyone else in between. You have experience coaching and leading teams of product managers and your communication skills empower you to inspire your teams to dream and achieve crazy big goals.
Goals the candidate will achieve in the first 6-12 months
- Understand the different verticals Canva is targeting and their needs
- Work with subgroups to ship improvements to products
- Take ownerships of the roadmap and work with all the groups and teams involved to develop the roadmap for 2022.
- Gather insights, feedback and opportunities to feed back into the roadmap and shape what we can do to achieve our goals.
Experience the candidate will have
- You have 6+ years of experience in a product management role; in a product-led B2B or consumer facing SaaS product, related online software product or digital product.
- You have experience coaching Product Managers to deliver on the strategy and build their key craft areas.
- You have 2+ years experience coaching several product managers.
- You are constantly motivating those around you through your passion and drive for what you do and keep everyone on track, ensuring everyone’s doing their best.
- You can rally the team to work together and make sure everyone is working effectively to reach their goals.
- You’re a natural communicator – can speak the language of engineering, data, design, marketing, operations and can coordinate cross-functionally with each to achieve big wins.
- You love data (both qualitative and quantitative) and can turn insights into actions.
- You feel at home when using data to make decisions—whether that’s analytics, user research, survey feedback, or in-person user testing.
- When presented with competing imperatives and a mountain of data, you can identify and organize clear, concise actions, arriving at appealing and practical solutions to problems.
- You are a problem solver who is excited by a challenge.
- You have a structured process to problem-solving and can take a problem—with many moving parts—and break it down into small achievable actions.
- You know when to be flexible though, and can alter your structure to fit the needs of the team and project.
- You are a user advocate that values the backing of research and data analysis when it comes to creating modern solutions, shipping new products, and addressing your users’ real needs.
- You consider yourself a bit of a creative.
- You enjoy pushing the limits of what is possible, dreaming up inventive solutions to solve challenging problems.
- You believe in Canva’s mission and want to be part of the team making it possible.
- You pride yourself on being an owner and getting projects from idea to live as quickly as possible!
- You move ideas from the chaos of brainstorming and mock-ups to the clarity of execution and impact
- You thrive on being in the middle of a cross-functional team, wearing lots of hats and doing whatever it takes to help your team and the business succeed.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.