Mable is an equal opportunity employer. We find excellence in diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. People with lived experience of disability or personal experience with the aged care system are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our interview processes are inclusive and will accommodate additional needs when required.
A little about us...
Founded in 2014, Mable has become one of Australia's largest and fastest growing healthtech marketplaces. Our platform is an online community of independent support workers who offer their services directly to people who are seeking aged care or disability support.
We’re thrilled to have been recognised within AFR’s Fast 100 list in 2021, Deloitte’s Tech Fast 50 2021 Awards and we won the Australian Growth & Australian Technology Growth Company of the Year Award 2020! This is an awesome opportunity to join a thriving scale up whose profit for purpose mission is transforming the aged care and disability support sectors.
Mission: We’re redefining support for disability and aged care in Australia by helping people who are aging or living with disability to connect with independent support people in their community.
Due to business growth and expansion within the Corporate Affairs team, Mable is looking for a Stakeholder & Policy Manager to join our team. The role will play a key part in shaping and leading engagement within sector, government and community - with specific focus within the NDIS.
Our head office is in Sydney however, this role can be remote (Australia based).
What will you be doing?
- Map and lead engagement with sector, community and government stakeholders and influencers to grow their understanding of Mable and activate their voice to reach policy makers, regulators and our community
- Develop quarterly engagement plans for stakeholders, community and government, tracking sentiment, issues and engagement levels
- Partner with different parts of Mable including Growth, Product, Legal and Customer Operations to work with our stakeholders to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
- Meet strategic goals as well as plan, track and report on stakeholder engagement across the business.
- Be the Mable point of contact for Mable’s advisory boards and support their success
- Speaking at industry events and forums, and support the CEO and Leadership team in preparing for key meetings and speaking roles at conferences
- Strongly promote our company culture and vision through key sector events IE conferences and forums
- Take responsibility in creating a safe and healthy work environment
- Execute within a fast-paced environment to help create the leading digital disability services platform in Australia, by collaborating with operations, marketing and product development teams.
- Develop and implement the strategic priorities for your stakeholders which will directly feed into business priorities
- Use your local regional and industry knowledge to develop successful strategies for engaging with our community in order to influence policy, advocacy and the broader sector
- Build effective strategies to strengthen and build customer relationships to grow the Mable community
Policy & regulation
- Remain abreast of relevant Government policy, regulation and Sector discussions/campaigns
- Be across all industry regulations, compliance and safety frameworks in the Disability and Aged Care Sector.
- Take the lead on developing policy positions across aged care and disability support
- Build relationships with sector influencers in close coordination with the Head of Government and Stakeholder
- Keep abreast of industry changes and position Mable to take advantage of new regulations, innovations and approaches in the sector. Monitor, evaluate and report on sector trends to be able to plan and implement
- Be across industry developments and trends (NDIS, Home Care , CHSP etc)
- Look for opportunities to drive business growth
Your skills and background
- Tertiary education qualifications in law, political science, or related field
- 2-5 years experience working in disability policy in state or federal government, a service provider or in a closely related field
- Knowledge of the NDIS policy environment would be ideal
- People with disability strongly encouraged to apply
- A strong network of relationships across the social services ecosystem
Life at Mable
🏢 Sydney CBD Office - Two minutes walk from Town Hall Station, we’ve recently taken over an entire floor of the Hilton Hotel building with state-of-the-art facilities and tools you need to get the job done (hello, #scaleup life).
🏠 Hybrid working model - We love to encourage a healthy balance between team collaboration and home/ family commitments.
💻 WFH Set Up Allowance - A generous $800 to help you kit out your home office.
💵 Competitive Remuneration - Everyone at Mable contributes to the bigger picture mission so we want you to feel financially rewarded.
❤️🩹 Wellbeing & Mental health - We offer floating public holidays and access to our Employee Assistance Program (App + counselling).
🎂 Time away from our desks to recharge - Enjoy additional days off to celebrate your birthday, support your community by tapping into our ‘volunteer day’ or just have a day to yourself through our ‘wellbeing day’.
✈️ Explore the world - You have the opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for up to 4-weeks each year.
👨🏻👩🏻👧🏻👦🏻 Family comes first - Make the most of our Paid Parental Leave - a gender neutral policy for primary (14 weeks + super) and secondary (6 weeks + super) carers.
💪🏾 Stay fit - Discounted gym memberships and classes.
🥪 We love to eat - Our pantry and fridges are fully stocked for your convenience.
🏾 Diversity & Inclusion - We are constantly empowering our employees and creating a culture of greater inclusion. We are endorsed by Work180 as an accredited employer for women in tech.
🏆 Anniversary Awards - Be rewarded through our recognition program with awesome goodies and rewards to celebrate your successes and tenure at Mable.
💗 Accelerate your career - Be a part of one of Australia's fastest growing Marketplaces. We are a scale-up tech-co and our people are a huge part of this. We want all of our Mablers to feel supported in their careers and for Mable to be the place where they can grow to their full potential.
Culture within the Mablehood - Our values
All About People - We put our customers at the centre of everything we do.
Better Together - We are stronger, better and faster when we work together.
Challenge Openly - Speak up. Candid discussion helps us make better decisions.
Do The Right Thing, Always - We hold ourselves to the highest standard. What we say and do matters.
CrEate Impact - We are passionate about having an impact.
We are one
We’re endorsed by Work180 which showcases our commitment to our policies, flexible working and inclusion practices for women in tech - visit our page here.
If this role has stood out to you but you don’t feel like you ‘’tick all the boxes’’, we strongly encourage you to apply nonetheless. We value diversity across experience and you might well just bring something to the Mablehood that we are looking for!
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Where to find us online