Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Want to join Canva?
Canva would not exist without content. Our templates, photos, fonts, stock media and more play a critical and pivotal role in empowering our users to design anything and publish anywhere. Content has far reaching business impact and is a key driver of user acquisition, retention and revenue
The content strategy & insights team’s mission is to build the most valuable content library in the world to inspire our users to create their next design. We work collaboratively across the content & discovery group, and other group’s to identify & implement opportunities to drive user engagement through content.
About the role
As the Content Business partner for docs, whiteboards and websites you will be responsible for delivering a robust & cohesive content strategy, and delivering against this in partnership with our content teams, marketing teams, and product teams. You will be responsible for ensuring the content is compelling, relevant, and fresh; and driving the growth in engagement of that content in partnership with marketing, product & other key partners.
Working with our world-class content teams is a unique opportunity – you'll be exposed to the newest Canva products, and will play a key role in their success!
What You'll Do
- Build the strategic and operational content planning process for docs, whiteboards & websites, and successfully deliver against this
- Build a deep understanding of our key users & use cases by doctype, and monitor user engagement & experience to identify opportunities
- Use data & insights to build out a robust content strategy & calendar which is aligned with the broader product & company priorities
- Build the GTM plan to drive engagement & revenue through our content in partnership with product, marketing & other key partners
- Align key partners & leadership to your vision, to get buy-in and drive to execution
- Work with our in-house content & creator teams to deliver your content vision
- Feed insights & opportunities into our product & marketing partners to improve the content & product experience
- Craft & execute key work streams to improve content experience
- Build a repeatable playbook for scaling & monetizing doctypes across our diverse user base
- Have 4+ years proven experience in strategy, content, and/or a Go-to-market role or equivalent
- Prior experience partnering with marketing & product to bring your strategy & plan to life
- Can ruthlessly prioritize fast-moving strategic priorities, tackle operational challenges, and manage through hyper-growth
- A bias for action, constantly striving to get things done. You have a strong sense of urgency when it comes to unblocking teams
- Can rally teams and influence peers across the organisation. You love building relationships that lead to success and business growth.
- Ability to think strategically (beyond just the here and now), and synthesise lots of complex information to come up with a strategy & plan with tangible impact
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
What you'll learn and how you'll develop at Canva:
- How to adapt to any situation in a hyper-growth environment where we are still developing the systems & process for operational excellence
- You’ll develop a great sensitivity to multicultural collaboration, which is necessary to build truly localised solutions.
- You’ll push the boundaries of what you think is achievable.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.