We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
Product Management at Canva
The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually. As a Product Manager at Canva you help set this vision, define what that future looks like, and build the products and features that get us there.
Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the strategic direction, scope, and success metrics for product initiatives. We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. We are responsible for implementing and collaborating on product strategy, road mapping, and prioritisation as our product grows.
It’s our responsibility to see products through their entire lifecycle—from concept through to validation, build, post-launch analytics and iterations.
About Data Platform
The Data Platform is an emerging group within Canva that forms the foundation from which we will unleash the data strategy that maintains our market-leading position. Its core mission is to build the necessary data infrastructure and platform offerings that our Product & Platform Development teams (our SuperGroups, Groups and Teams), and Business Operations teams (Finance, Sales, People & Legal) rely on for high-quality analytics, reporting and insights. We are looking for an experienced product leader to build out the product team that will support the Data Platform through its rapid expansion, and develop a data-first mindset and culture throughout Canva.
- You’ll have a deep passion for data - someone who understand how data-powered infrastructure, platform and experiences can work together to unlock opportunities to maintain Canva’s rapid growth
- You will be comfortable operating as a player-coach, while you build out your PM team
- You relish the challenge of bringing new platforms to life, and driving their internal adoption in line with the value they deliver to the business
- You’re a strong communicator - you can tailor how they speak about data when working across different specialities and part of the business to drive big outcomes
- You’re passionate about product craft, and developing PMs on your team to grow as quickly as Canva does, to hit our crazy big goals
- You’re great at balancing long-term vision and strategy with regularly delivering impactful outcomes that bring us closer to that vision
- You’re comfortable moving forward even if we don’t have the all the information available to us, balancing first-principles reasoning with the data that we do have at hand
Goals you'll achieve in your first 3 months...
- Onboard to Canva, and become familiar with the existing data landscape
- Develop relationships with key sponsors, stakeholders and peers across Product and Engineering
- Establish a partnership with the Data Management and Data Governance practices
- Present a detailed overview of the current landscape of data infrastructure and platform, along with strategic and organisational recommendations
- Review practices across the Group building a plan to bring consistency across Teams
- Support the development of the Personalisation Platform powering common personalisation experiences cross all surfaces
- Develop a proposal and roadmap for evolving existing experimentation capabilities into a central experimentation platform
Goals you'll achieve from 3-12 months...
- Build out the Data Platform PM team, working with the Head of Data and Infrastructure product lead to build a high-performing PM team
- Establish high-bandwidth feedback loops between all key data stakeholders and customers within Canva
- Build and evolve a product portfolio for the Data Platforms Group delivering against key Canva priorities
- Drive progress against the Data Strategy, working closely with the Head of Data
- Develop and maintain the overall vision and strategy for the Data Platform (both its infrastructure and platform offerings)
- Maintaining our data security and compliance obligations across the entire Data Platform
- Working with the Data Governance and Data Management practices and ensuring the practices and principles are core to all teams
- Coaching and development for a small group of high-performing platform PMs
- Contribute to the ongoing development of Canva’s Data Strategy
Experience you'll have
- Strong experience as a product manager of a software platform, with experience in the data ecosystem a huge plus.
- Someone with an impressive record of leading a team of amazing people to ship innovative solutions. You’ll be able to demonstrate how you’ve built an environment where your teams are set up to succeed.
- Experience mentoring Product Managers to deliver on the strategy and build their key craft areas.
- Track record of collaborating with senior stakeholders to drive clarity through the chaos and rally support behind key initiatives.
What you'll learn at Canva
- How to scale a high-performing PM team in a hyper-growth environment
- How to mature the data mindset and culture within a rapidly growing company
- How to collaborate with and influence senior and executive stakeholders to drive meaningful outcomes for Canva
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.