We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 50 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 3 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
About the role:
The role of a Product Growth Manager is to own the growth strategy for their respective area of the business. You will work closely with your counterparts in product, marketing and data to devise well thought-out short term and long term strategies across your product group and/or the wider business. Given that this is a new specialty at Canva you will also be helping pioneer the ways in which Product Growth Managers work and interact with the rest of the business.
You have a growth mindset and value detail as much as the big picture. You thrive in a collaborative fast-paced environment, working together to figure out the best experience for the user and how to impact the business. Continually learning and adapting, you strive to grow yourself and those around you. Living and breathing all things growth, you make data-informed, strategic decisions and deliver on them to lead your team to great results. You thrive being autonomous and willing to challenge the status quo to drive business growth.
What you will achieve in the first 3-6 months:
- Gain a broad understanding of Canva’s product roadmap and Growth journey, in particular within the product area you will be primarily working in.
- Build working relationship & cadences with product, marketing and data counterparts and build a data driven growth culture within your team
- Work with the Data team to review existing and define new product metrics to set up the structure for reporting and monitoring business performance.
- Identify growth opportunities to improve the key metrics for your product area, make a business case for it to size the opportunity and help drive execution.
- Help own the goal setting process for your product area by helping define the key metrics, setting seasonal targets and prioritising the work necessary to achieve them
What you'll do:
- Identify the highest impact growth opportunity for your product area, size the opportunity and build a business case for it.
- Partner with the Product Managers, Engineering, Data Analytics, Product Design, and Product Marketing to conceptualise, build and execute growth initiatives
- Create project roadmaps for teams to act on and prioritize individual task with product managers based on impact, confidence and ease
- Manage and drive a portfolio of growth initiatives, including both in-flight projects and ideas that you come up with
- Be an internal subject matter expert on your respective product area. Develop a data-driven mastery of our businesses, work with stakeholders across Data, Product and Finance to determine and track the right metrics, set targets for important drivers and leading indicators, and share performance updates with stakeholders
What we're looking for:
- You have experience working on product growth challenges and driving data driven growth
- You are analytical and love diving into funnels and metrics
- You thrive on strategic thinking and collaborating with cross functional stakeholders
- Prior experience in experimentation and AB testing
- A track record of being an owner and getting projects from idea to live!
- Strong project management skills, where you thrive on being in the middle of a cross-functional team, coordinating the roadmap and getting results
- Your growth skills are sharp but so is your eye for a great product experience
- You have a persistent desire to learn how digital products are bought across the world
- You consider yourself a strong all-rounder; data, strategy, product mock-ups - whatever it is, you can comfortably wear the hat
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Professional education allowance
- Free Yoga membership
- Generous parental leave policy
- Relocation budget provided for interstate or overseas candidates and visa application fees covered
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked Australia’s #1 place to work. We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.