Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Product Management @ Canva
The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually. As a Product Manager at Canva you help set this vision, define what that future looks like, and build the products and features that get us there.
Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the strategic direction, scope, and success metrics for product initiatives. We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. We are responsible for implementing and collaborating on product strategy, road mapping, and prioritisation as our product grows.
It’s our responsibility to see products through their entire lifecycle—from concept through to validation, build, post-launch analytics and iterations.
About the group and team
The Design Productivity Group is on a mission to help everyone from kindy to the workplace to achieve their goals by improving the quality and consistency of their designs and to be more productive.
The Group delivers amazing product experiences across all Canva’s subscription plans - Free, Pro, Teams, Education and Not-For-Profit - which have millions of customers in almost every country around the world and are responsible for driving much of Canva’s revenue.
The Design at Scale team is a new team with an exciting scope and bold plans to help automate manual content creation tasks and help create designs at scale faster and with fewer clicks. We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to help define a bold vision and collaboratively drive the evolution of the team’s features to achieve our crazy big goals.
What you'll be doing
- Define a clear strategy and roadmap with the team and leadership that will help grow subscribers, user frequency and retention.
- Drive the development of growth of three of Canva's newest design features to both Canva Teams and Canva Pro users, helping to optimise their work efficiency and allow them to best utilize their time designing content.
- Help execute an effective discovery process for the team’s features, as well as serve as the domain expert on user JTBD.
- Work with designers to solve real problems through flawless user experiences
- Work with the team of engineers to set (and hit) crazy, big delivery goals
- Work with a passionate, cross-functional squad of product marketers, data analysts and more to deliver amazing outcomes to our users.
- Recognise the biggest picture, communicate, collaborate, and compromise effectively with collaborators and other PMs for the best outcome for Canva
Skills we're looking for
- Strong experience as a product manager of a SaaS software product, with experience working at scale a huge plus.
- Someone who enjoys leading a team of amazing people through discovery and delivery - and can point to an impressive record of doing so.
- You’re a strong communicator - can speak the language of engineering, data, design, operations and can influence cross-functionally with each to achieve big wins.
- Really strong UX skill set. Understands more than just the fundamentals of good UX.
- Great with data (both qualitative and quantitative) and loves turning insights into actions
- You have an ownership mentality and high agency to get projects from concept to reality as quickly as possible!
- You move ideas from the chaos of brainstorming and mock-ups to the clarity of execution and impact.
- You love building multiplayer products You want to understand why users do what they do
- You care deeply about building amazing experiences users use every dayYou love having a huge business impact
What you'll learn at Canva
- You’ll learn how to think big, really big and take 10x bets
- You’ll learn to focus on the long term whilst making rapid progress in the short
- You’ll learn about working at a founder led company with mission, values and a genuine desire to be a force for good in the world at the heart of everything we do
- How to build products that serve tens of millions of people all around the world
- How to be a visual thinker. When you think you’ve made something as simple as possible, at Canva you’ll learn how to make it even simpler
- You learn how to push the boundaries and use your passion and creativity to solve problem that have never been solved
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.