Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the team
Building and growing our Canva for Teams product is an almost whole-of-Canva effort, involving Product, Product Growth, Marketing, Sales, Data, Support and more.
To organise ourselves effectively, and steer Canva for Teams under a single unified strategy, we introduced our ‘Canva for Teams’ GTM program - ie our B2B Revenue Growth - to build, ship, refine & grow our Canva for Teams business. The program is one of the biggest at Canva and is driving the roadmap and success of our most important and strategic long-term revenue stream. We are aiming to grow Teams revenue to $500m+ in 2023.
There are three core growth pillars to our connected Teams GTM Engine:
1. Teams Self-Serve: Teams self-serve growth builds on top of our free (solo & teams) and paid solo user, base to drive organic self-serve Canva for Teams growth through team creation, onboarding, engagement, expansion & retention opportunities
2. High Velocity: High Velocity is the first stage of human-assisted growth and builds on top of self-serve. Low-touch sales assistance from Product Advocates drives incremental team acquisition and expansion, over and above the rate of self-serve growth, in 50+ business size segments. We also use High Velocity to seed out pockets of deployment in the Enterprise, before companies graduate to our Sales book of business.
3. Enterprise Sales: Enterprise Sales focuses on our growth in organizations of 500+, focusing on serving businesses that are already using and seeing value from Canva, building on top of all forms of bottom-up usage & success to build a true product-led Sales motion.
2022 has been a fantastic year of progress. Our program and our GTM motion has formed and is beginning to work effectively. However, we are just getting started! We are aiming to build maturity, operational excellence, and deliver on some highly ambitious strategic growth goals. This is where you come in! Canva’s GTM Program Lead for our Canva for Teams business is a leader who will be key to Canva’s business success in the years to come. You’ll be a key driver and leader in helping Canva achieve our mission and two-step plan.
As the GTM Program Lead for our Canva for Teams business, you will have operated as a Strategic Operational or Program Leader at scale before, ideally driving exceptional business growth results within a SaaS business. You’ll have an in-depth understanding of how great GTM engines & teams operate, and how they are built from the ground up.
You’ll be exceptional at bringing together a large & cross-functional group of leaders and teams together under a single strategy & set of goals. You’ll have built a world-class operating model to enable this at scale. You are able to design and implement operating processes from scratch, and ensure teams are constantly focused on the highest impact long and short-term opportunities.
Who you'll be:
- You have multiple years experience running large GTM teams and programs of work, in a fast-scaling environment, with clear Growth KPIs. Ideally within a Product, Growth or Sales organisation.
- You’ll be able to set the focus, pace and direction of our Product-led Sales GTM program and team, and unite everyone to deliver on our Strategy.
- You have a track record of impact. You are deeply focused on impact & goals, and you have built a track record of evidence to that effect. The experiences you draw on with the most pride is through leading teams to achieve results.
- You thrive in turning ambiguity into clarity, and are able to be flexible to changing priorities in a high-growth environment.
- You’ll have excellent communication, collaboration and relationship-building skills. You love building & maintaining deep professional relationships with key peers around the business.
- Operational Excellence - You build repeatable systems, processes & playbooks that set a high bar for quality and propel delivery, impact & accountability at scale.
- User Obsessed - You deeply understand that an amazing customer experience is what drives long-term growth & revenue. You have well-founded opinions around the quality of all our customer interactions and drive to see them improve constantly.
- Analytical & data-driven - You have excellent data analysis skills. You turn to data every day to interrogate how every part of the team and growth engine is performing, and to identify the next set of high-leverage opportunities.
- Hands-on Operator - You are creative with solutions and like to keep things moving forward, at any stage. You are motivated by the granular details as much as the big picture, and you are most engaged when you are rallying teams to build solutions for big opportunities.
What you'll do:
- Run the Canva for Teams GTM program day to day. You’ll work alongside Canva’s leadership team, and with each of the motion leads and wider Teams GTM Leadership team, to develop core strategy and goals to steer Canva for Teams success
- Ensure our connected, land-and-expand GTM engine is working and improving month on month
- Oversee and drive all operational cadences, including; strategic planning, goal setting, goal progress reviews, business reviews, weekly and monthly team meetings - all with the goal of ensuring we are rapidly moving things forward and achieving our goals
- Proactively identify strategic, growth & operational opportunities to drive greater growth and improve how we work across the business
- Oversee all cross-functional initiatives, building and scaling sub-programs from idea to execution and ensuring our overall
- Work with our Data team, to monitor progress and opportunities in our metrics, then work with our Growth teams to design strategies and tactics to action all opportunities.
- Develop strong working relationships with the core GTM teams and leader, and wider cross-functional teams across Canva to set our program to align on dependencies, solve blockers, and set us up for long-term success
- Serve as a close partner to the Global Head of Revenue, Global Head of Sales, and broader Canva Leadership on strategy and successfully scaling our Canva for Teams business
- Be a highly empowered leader, with the scope to lean in on the highest impact areas for our B2B business, no matter where they might be at Canva.
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years experience in Product Management/Growth, Strategy Consulting and/or Business Operations, ideally within a high-growth technology company
- Experience in a Senior Commercial Program/Operational leadership role with experience leading company-wide projects
- Strong understanding of Product-led B2B Growth and Sales GTM strategies and operations, and can contribute to roadmap planning discussions with executive leadership
- Thrive in solving problems and building relationships in a rapidly growing environment
- Data-driven and a strategic thinker who can deliver from plan through to execution
- Experienced in planning, organizing, prioritizing, and executing simultaneous operationally complex projects
- Ability to manage and build relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Have the ability to take complex, ambiguous topics and create simple, compelling narratives for different audiences
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.