At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Be a part of the project and design your future.
About the team
The Vibe team’s mission is to make Canva the most inspiring, engaged and productive workplace in the world! The Vibe team plays a key role in creating and maintaining the type of workplace that we all love coming to, where every single person has opportunities to grow and develop their skills, is able to do their best work and make an impact, every day.
About the role
As part of the Vibe team, the Office Coordinator will help curate a warm and welcoming environment in our Manila office, empowering Canvanauts to do the best work of their lives. Your day to day could include making Canvanauts feel welcome in our space, working with vendors, setting up for an event or arranging delicious food, drinks and snacks for Canvanauts. You’ll help our team set up systems and processes to scale and work in an efficient manner across all tasks.
This role will be critical to the success of the Manila Office. This person will operate across all Vibe multiple specialties (Guest Services, Hospitality, Events, Ground Control and Facilities) to ensure the smooth delivery of services and consistent office standards in line with our other global locations.
About the group
Our Vibe Team
- Internal food and beverage in Manila (and eventually in other locations too!). Our incredible team of chefs prepare amazing fresh and nutritious meals each day that bring our teams together to bond and share with one another. We even have a farm in Sydney where we grow our own produce that is delivered daily to the kitchen squad.
- Organizing events, celebrations and supporting our team’s to be effective. From our quarterly season openers to assisting team’s with celebrations when they hit their goals (which is often). We organised more than 100 events last year globally, from a Woodstock themed team planning day, to a hackathon for Indigenous entrepreneurs, to 15 offsite days for every team in our company. We are devoted to keeping the morale amongst the office in high spirits and devoted to keeping the culture we have built alive and well.
- Managing our global real estate and construction projects. We have offices around the globe including Manila, Beijing, Wuhan, Austin and our headquarters in Sydney, Australia. We just moved into phase 1 of our London office and will continue to build out the space here to account for the growth of the UK team.
- Running our facilities. Keeping our workplace running smoothly is no small feat. Day-to-day we ensure that the lights are kept on, our spaces are working smoothly, and our team members can sort out any questions or concerns as quickly as possible.
What you’ll do... Office Facilities & Spaces
- Meeting room, specialty spaces organization and management
- Storage facilities management
- Merchandise and Stationery Cabinets management; inventory management and stocking
- Manage Coffee and bar facilities
- Kitchenette stock management and ordering
- Wayfinding and space navigation signage
- Assist with Office Swag Stock & Inventory
- Assist with maintenance requests and coordinate with contractors
What you’ll do... Guest Services
- Guest sign in and first impression experience
- Assist with the new hire and visitors experience, including running office orientation tours.
- Help curate the office physical reception operations & design, as we scale.
- Ensure all mail & delivered are collected and stored
- Assist with couriering needs for the Vibe Team
What you’ll do... Events Set Up
- Support our events by setting up each space as needed to create an engaging event for our people.
- Bump in and bump out events in specialty spaces around the office
- Assist with delivery and pick up of event decorations and tech equipment
What you’ll do... IT / Tech Support
- Be a standby onsite support for basic office technology
- Standby support for event tech
- Assist in coordinating tech support for larger scale events
- Coordinate with Sydney Tech Experience team for asset management and distribution
What we’re looking for...
- A problem solver, willing to look at processes from outside the box and constantly looking for ways to innovate and streamline processes as we scale.
- You will have a hospitality and customer service mindset - with a desire to host, build relationships, create beautiful environments and experiences for your guests.
- You are collaborative - This role involves working with numerous teams to provide support in different areas all across the offices and as such requires high levels of communication and the ability to work cohesively as a team.
- High attention to detail. It takes sharp eyes and attention to the little things when it comes to keeping so many square metres of office space looking neat and tidy as well as setting up stunning looking events when required. Seeing that the rug is out of kilter, or the fridge needs restocking, or that the whiteboards need cleaning requires a keen eye for detail and a love for keeping things beautiful!
- Prioritization comes naturally to you. You can see what needs to be done and weigh what is ultimately most important at that moment.
- Ability to work full-time hours covering evening shifts Monday to Friday and sometimes during weekends.
We make decisions to engage contractors based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that contractor-accreditation meetings are conducted virtually. When you signify interest in the Project, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the contractor-accreditation interview process.