Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the role:
We have an active community of developers and app partners in our Ecosystem. We are about to open up our platform to all developers and we are building out our Developer Relations and Support team to help us grow and scale how we foster and support our developer community around the world.
As a Developer Support Engineer, you will be supporting a growing community of hundreds of developers who are building apps and integrations with the Canva Visual Design Platform. You’ll combine your technical skills as a developer with your ability to communicate complex technical concepts in an approachable manner. You are technically savvy, authentic and helpful responses will delight normally cynical engineers, who are used to the ‘abyss’ support experiences they are accustomed to.
The Developer Support Engineers are part of the Partnerships and Developer Success team within the Canva Ecosystem Group and work closely with Engineering, Product, Customer Success and Partnerships to name a few. As an early team member, you will help us shape this craft as we grow and scale.
What you'll be doing!
- Quickly become an authority in Canva’s APIs
- Work directly with our developers to address issues and be the primary customer concern point for technical issues throughout the entire developer lifecycle
- Develop processes and tools to enable us to support our fast-growing developer community efficiently
- Coordinate outreach from our Ecosystem partnerships, engineering and product teams to ensure we can answer questions and resolve issues
- Be a champion for our developer community by raising awareness of their struggles, feedback, and feature asks
- Analyze support patterns to deliver insights that drive support operations process and product improvement
- Participate in the Canva Developer Community forums to support the growth of self-help within the developer ecosystem
- 3+ years experience in software development, developer support (level 2), technical consulting or equivalent experience
- Extraordinary technical solving skills, ideally in a SaaS-based environment
- Experience in writing small scripts (ex. Python, Bash, etc) to create smooth workflows and reduce manual data handling
- Experience with plugin/extension development, and different web platforms and marketplaces
- Experience in web development, and understanding of how to debug basic HTML/js/CSS sites
- An effective communicator with a proven voice when writing - you let your personality show without sacrificing transparency
- A self-starter and task juggler who can keep dozens of balls in the air and thrive
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.