Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
At Canva, we’re all constantly striving towards our Crazy Big Goals! Since growing to a worldwide team of over 1,500 we need to ensure we’re working as effectively and efficiently as possible, which is where the role of Leadership Operations comes in! This role will provide strategic support to Canva’s Country Leadership team.
This role is part of the close-knit Leadership Operations team here at Canva, this role will provide strategic support to the Country Leadership Team to extend their reach and capacity.
We move fast here at Canva, and this role will certainly keep you on your toes. We are looking for someone super-efficient, who loves nothing more than to anticipate issues before they arise and get stuff done. You’re who we want to be working with if you’re great at prioritising, juggling projects (and moving them rapidly along), and keeping calm under pressure.
What you'll do...
- Trusted partner: You’ll be the trusted partner to the Country Leadership Team, this will mean being a sounding board for decisions, consolidating requests and making recommendations or stepping in for them at meetings.
- Prioritisation: You’ll be the triage point and the gateway to the Country Leadership Team. You’ll work with the broader team to make sure that requests are in the right shape before getting to the Country Leadership Team and cut through the noise to ensure that they are involved in the right decision at the right time.
- Own the day to day: Making sure that the Country Leadership Team’s time is spent in the most impactful areas by triaging meeting requests and running meetings effectively.
- Proactively drive projects forward: As a trusted extension of the Country Leadership Team you’ll take on driving key projects and initiatives that are critical to the leadership function. This will include cross-cutting project management with stakeholders that sit in many different parts of Canva.
- Be a Real People Person: You’ll build strong relationships with key stakeholders within the company, this will be critical to ensuring that there is the right two-way visibility between the finance team and the business.
What we are looking for...
- We’re open to your background, however, we’d really like someone with specific skills:
- 5+ years of experience in Program or Project Management, Operations, or similar.
- Experience prioritising, managing and tracking multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- A keen eye for detail and a strong desire to uphold high standards of excellence
- Truly self-motivated with a desire to constantly learn, develop and grow in the role.
- You’ll need to be driven to turn the chaos rapidly to clarity and then communicate it clearly. Truly championing the value of Making Complex Things Simple.
- Someone with a bias for action, constantly striving to get things done.
- Keen presentation and great design skills (Canva’s made that bit easy!)
- Integrity and trustworthiness with humility/willingness to question one’s own assumptions.
- A real people person. Someone who can communicate well with stakeholders from all across the business at many different levels, and enjoy it!
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• A temporary work from home setup as we prepare to provide a safe environment for Canvanauts who would like to work in the office. Our Future of Work plan is to move towards a hybrid work model (in-office & from home) You and your team can determine your ideal work setup. Whichever works best for you, #KayaSaCanva.
• Unique and flexible leaves options: :Recharge and go on your next getaway or simply take time off for yourself through our Vacation Leave, Give back through our Volunteer Leave to help out a charity or NGO of choiceSupport yourself or take care of your loved ones (even your furbabies) through our Sick or Carer’s Leave
• Focus on your own growth and development through our Professional Educational Leave
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowances for you to spend on anything that supports your wellbeing. Whether it’s a workshop, an electronic stand-up desk, a gym membership, or dinner with a teammate, we encourage you to do what you need to do in order to thrive.
• Virtual and in-office wellness and development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistance Programs, Fitness Classes and more to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program that matches your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
• A variety of Canva clubs that you can join to connect you to fellow Canvanauts with similar interests. From cycling, skincare, pets, to foodies (and the list goes on), we got you covered! Club activities can also be done remotely or in person.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.