We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
The Information Technology Group’s vision is to maximize the potential of every Canvanaut through world class technology & service. The group consists of Business Systems, Global Procurement, Global Workforce, and internal infrastructure (tech support, internal apps, system operations). This is a new group where you will be on the ground floor of a rapidly expanding team as we aim to radically innovate the foundational infrastructure of our technology supporting these critical groups.
The People Systems team supports the evaluation, implementation, administration, and ongoing innovation of the technology stack across our hire to retire value stream. With Workday as our foundational HRIS, our team is solving some of Canva’s biggest challenges by automating our processes to allow our employees to do their best work at a place they love. We strive to be integrated with the People strategy to realize their mission of creating the most effective and engaged company in the world.
About the role
To deliver on Canva’s ambitious goals, the Information Technology group is looking for a People Systems Lead to drive, leverage and scale our end to end systems supporting our hire to retire value stream to enable our People group to build scalable business processes as we grow. You will be a key leader of the IT Group focused on building strong relationships with our People Group Leads to build and execute on aligned strategic system roadmaps delivering exceptional experiences to Canva’s employees. You’ll be experienced in building and mentoring teams that effectively partner with the business and execute against committed roadmaps. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and enjoy the challenge of optimising systems and processes, turning data into insights and leveraging insights to inform our future strategic plans.
What you will do:
- Strategy, drive strategic alignment across our People systems to support execution against their long term goals
- Be part of the team, to help the leadership teams planning motion, influence decisions with practical technology recommendations that enable scale
- Collaborate, to maintain holistic oversight across all People systems in the hire to retire value stream
- Build and lead, a highly effective and efficient team through hiring of quality talent, mentorship of capable team members, and implementation of scalable methodologies and processes
- Business process improvements, to support our internal operations groups to define and recommend best practice whilst ensuring that our systems can scale efficiently without high levels of customization
- Solution orientated, proactively drive strategies to deliver high performance of our People systems, engagement with self service, integration and automation
- Customer centric, review and recommend viability of existing People tech stack to meet Canva’s future goals
- Communication, working closely functionally to align on next steps to deliver best in class experiences, balancing clarity, attention to detail and speed
What we are looking for:
- Have extensive experience 5yrs+ in multi-platform technology environments built in contemporary business settings including SaaS technologies and API integrations
- Able to think strategically (beyond just the here and now), Canva is growing and we need you to help us navigate our way through different complexities as we continue to scale
- Looking at Canvanauts in a new geography, looking to launch a new team, no problem you are able to adapt to different situations, spot opportunities to help us achieve our crazy big goals
- You think and act as We, not Me. We’re all in this together. You love nothing more than to collaborate and build trusted relationships with your team, ensuring everyone is empowered to do the best work of their life, and having the best time doing it
- Right brain, left brain. Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground. You are solutions orientated but focus on strategic excellence, flipping between big picture thinking and what needs to be done now without jeopardizing the quality of either
- Able to work under pressure whilst keeping a calm demeanour, you can juggle multiple tasks, people and systems of varying complexities and deadlines
- Comfortable with chaos. You have a passion for efficiency, process improvements, and map out a path to clarity and execution. You can work out ways to achieve the impossible and ride through change like a boss.
Being a Force for good. One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.