We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
At Canva, we’re all constantly striving towards our Crazy Big Goals! Since growing to a worldwide team of over 1500 we need to ensure we’re working as effectively and efficiently as possible, which is where our Operational Business Partners come in. This role will be aligned to a specific group within the business and you will be working to build solid operational excellence and embed this in everything we do - steering Canva towards growth and success for years to come!
The mission of the Operational Business Partner is to support group leadership, coordinate all Team projects and drive them to unilateral success by coordinating and communicating between key project owners. Working with leadership, you will be the organiser and operational guru for the group.
Using your experience with program/project management, administration, and relationship-building this role will work with cross-functional teams and working groups to help Canva to achieve the level of operational efficiency, cooperation & collaboration that our front-line teams need to hit our goals.
What you'll do
- You’ll own all team operations end-to-end: You take charge and ensure we have built cadences and administrative infrastructure that are crucial to building operational excellence and hitting goals. You’ll own and drive tracking initiatives, managing seasonal planning processes, assisting with company-wide product development adherences and constantly iterating on this as Canva grows. You will also coordinate and facilitate meetings, managing calendars, defining objectives, purpose and agendas, and constantly looking for ways to improve the operational cadence of the group.
- You’ll communicate effectively to support teams: You are proactive in wrangling the group, facilitating relationships to ensure all relevant teams and stakeholders are up to date and working effectively. Ensuring the group, adheres to best practices for communication, documentation & wider context sharing. Ensuring concerns are anticipated and raised early to appropriate owners in order to resolve issues that prevent progress.
- You’ll proactively drive initiatives forward: You will keep seasonal programs on track by coordinating and tracking timelines, milestones, and statuses, escalating issues as needed. Able to work across big picture initiatives with the ability to break assignments down into manageable efforts and ensure they are able to be tracked and delivered.
- You’ll be the Glue of the Team: Coordinating events across the group, as well wrangling representatives and content from the group for company-wide events, coordinating and arranging celebrations & events for the team. You help us recognize the hard work of the group, and pull together amazing celebrations when we hit those Crazy Big Goals.
- Forecast and predict emerging opportunities: In time, and working with the Group Leadership you will forecast and anticipate emerging opportunities across the Group, and preemptively work on solutions, constantly looking for areas to improve.
Who you'll be
- 4+ years of experience with Program or Project Management, or similar.
- Experience prioritising, managing and tracking multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- A keen eye for detail and a strong desire to uphold high standards of excellence
- Truly self-motivated with a desire to constantly learn, develop and grow an inaugural role to build out the specialty.
- Integrity and trustworthiness with humility/willingness to question one’s own assumptions
- Able to build relationships and rapport fast and constantly expand internal networks
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free Yoga membership
- Professional education allowance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology companies and has been the ranked #1 Australian Workplace in Technology by JobAdvisor for two years in a row. We ensure that the Canva workspace is setup for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so, with breakout areas, little nooks, quiet places to retreat.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.