We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the team
Canva’s Marketing & Engagement Group has a big mission to build the most loved brand in the world! Our success is shaping how we communicate and relate to our community, and guide teams internally to deliver delightful product experiences and communications.
We’re looking for a skilled motion design intern to join our Growth Marketing Creative team, working closely alongside our internal Creative team to support campaign initiatives for our paid marketing channels, and create moving user stories from around the globe.
You’ll thrive in a fast-moving, fluid environment, and be passionate about shaping user-centric products, communications, and working with diverse groups of people across the organisation to achieve your goals. You’ll be an experienced professional who thinks strategically, but is also prepared to roll up your sleeves and get things done. You’ll have experience in all aspects of video from ideation, planning, filming and editing.
About the Role
The Motion Design Intern role for Growth Marketing Creative will be part of a vibrant and friendly creative studio, supporting the team to produce engaging video ads for our various paid marketing efforts.
You’ll have the opportunity to learn how the team uses video and motion to design ads for different marketing channels, contribute in a wide variety of creative campaigns and the freedom to influence motion design at Canva.
What you'll do...
- Localisation of our existing ad creatives -Support in-house designers in producing localised video ad creatives
- Creative Experiments -Support in-house designers in producing experimental formats
- Internal Content -Looking after motion design and for all of our internal content videos for Canva. Examples would be videos we’ve made for our seasonal hype reels, Canva for Education, Canva U and Recruitment.
What we're looking for...
- Graduating students
- A strong portfolio or reel demonstrating your passion for design, movement, and editing
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas and storytelling
- The ability to work with a creative brief and direction to create beautiful and quality content;
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment;
- Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.