Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Want to join Canva?
We are looking for a Post Production Manager to join our Canva Creative team, within the Production Team. This role will oversee all processes, procedures and outputs for the post-production phases of our brand content and campaigns.
This position will work closely with our Head of Production to run day-to-day operations of post-production for projects, refining and updating our processes, and supporting the Production team with quality control and their professional development.
This role will have a deep understanding of editing and motion design processes and possess an ability to communicate and problem-solve across all aspects of post-production. They will have strong experience in scheduling and managing Post Production teams across multiple projects and possess an ability to prioritize tasks and lead and assist in all phases of production.
We’re looking for candidates who have sound experience in digital asset management, this role will be leading the adoption of our archival systems and standards.
This role will personally coach some of our post-production management staff, and also motivate and lead our production team to meet and exceed our high standards of performance. We’re looking for someone with a passion for production excellence, and strong organisation skills, interpersonal and management skills.
About The Team
Canva’s in-house creative team is on a mission to make Canva the most loved brand in the world. We work from concept to creation on world-class creative across brand communications, marketing campaigns, editorial content and production.
Sitting within the Canva Creative Team, our Production team consists of producers, videographers, editors, motion designers, photographers and a digital asset manager, who come together to create compelling content that is unmistakably Canva.
As part of this team, you’ll help create a brand that communicates our purpose, defines perception and awareness globally, and puts a spotlight on our diverse community – ensuring they receive a human, inspiring and empowering experience.
We move fast here at Canva, and this role will certainly keep you on your toes. We are looking for someone who loves to get stuff done. You’re who we want to work with if you can balance your brilliant creative streak with ruthless prioritisation that moves projects rapidly along.
We believe in attracting and nurturing world-class talent with a focus on diversity, community, career development – and doing the best work of our lives.
What you'll do
- Running day-to-day management of our post-production department, processes and outputs. Eg. managing our post production tracking and communication on Monday.com, managing the overall post-production schedule, supporting department managers to create and meet department budgets and schedules and ensuring reviews and approvals happen at critical times.
- Mentoring post-production staff and elevating their craft skills.
- Helping make sure conflict is resolved and creating an atmosphere of cooperation, collaboration and communication between pre-production, production and post-production.
- Assisting in hiring additional post-production staff with department heads.
- Maintaining our post-production playbook and making sure standards are met across editing, motion design, photography and video.
- They will liaise clearly and regularly with producers and program managers, support to create and meet post-production milestones and collaborate with producers to engage and set up and support our external production partners.
- Communicate confidently with our campaign managers regarding post-production milestones, status, delivery and trafficking. Vast experience with management of delivery and dispatch processes for multiple types of assets. Responsible for all aspects of delivery: upholding quality control, reviewing, organizing and distributing specs; owning asset clearances; preparation and delivery of assets to various platforms or partners. Experience with using Extreme Reach, Adstream and Clearcast is a huge plus. Occasionally managing a trafficking partner or freelancer per campaign.
- Responsible for managing our content management tools, strategies, platform and adoption. Working closely with our Media Asset Manager, this role will ensure our systems are set up for success, support resourcing queries, team adherence and supervise any further expansion. Previous experience using the following would be a bonus: Reach Engine, LucidLink and Signiant Media Shuttle.
- General post-production administration and support eg. supervising rushes ingest, conforming offline to online editing, round-tripping for colour grades, audio mixing and VFX, generating delivery links, managing our Frame.io account, 1Password vault, our stock library accounts and general troubleshooting.
- You’re comfortable with chaos. You can find solutions even without perfect precedents or direction, and map out a path to clarity and execution. You can work out ways to achieve the impossible and ride through change like a boss.
- You’re eager to learn and evolve. From creative craft to leadership skills to market trends – you never stop pushing into the next big challenge. You work alongside people who are better than you at some things. To you this isn’t a threat, but an
- inspiring opportunity to learn and grow.
- You think and act as we, not me. We’re all in this together. You love nothing more than to collaborate and build trusted relationships with your team, ensuring everyone is empowered to do the best work of their life and having the best time doing it.
- Right brain, left brain. Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground. You balance creative and strategic excellence, flipping between big-picture thinking and pixel-perfect craft without jeopardizing the quality of either.
- You’re a fantastic communicator. Your communication skills help you work cross-functionally with other teams. You brainstorm concepts and facilitate workshops. You give and receive constructive feedback and can clearly articulate how creative work can be improved, mentoring others to deliver their best work.
- You have a bias for action. You’re happy to roll up your sleeves and muck in. No task is too small (or big!) if it helps the team around you to be more effective, and rallies them to achieve their goals faster.
- Always striving for your best. You’re a talented creative with amazing design chops, yet you never stop pursuing excellence in yourself and in your work – “Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best.”
- You have 6+ years of experience in managing post-production processes and teams
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.