Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the team
At the heart of what makes our people experience world-class and seamless are the strong executors that take pride in their craft and in delivering friction-free employee experiences. Across the entire employee lifecycle, from onboarding all the way to offboarding and everything in between, we fuel Canva's growth by delivering seamless, scalable, and delightful employee experiences.
About the role
The Global Mobility team provides advice and support to Canva employees, candidates, contractors and guests for all matters relating to visas, relocation, international remote working and business travel. We facilitate domestic and international moves in support of Canva’s people growth and talent strategies.
We are looking for a Global Mobility Lead to oversee all aspects of Canva’s global mobility programs, developing solutions that enable and support international and domestic employee mobility. You’ll lead a high performing team of Global Mobility Specialists to anticipate business needs and proactively address those needs through mobility solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure Canva’s mobility programs are aligned with company goals, are competitive and enhance the overall employee experience.
- Own the design, development and implementation of mobility policies and programs relating to immigration, relocation, international remote working and business travel.
- Ensure mobility services are delivered effectively. This includes working with third party vendors to deliver at a high standard and provide exceptional service to our team.
- Provide technical leadership on program design, employee experience, operations, measurement, continuous improvement and other aspects of the mobility lifecycle.
- Partner strategically with business leaders, People, Finance, Legal and Total Rewards teams to design, communicate and execute on mobility and remote work initiatives.
- Grow skills and impact within the team by setting crazy big goals, and inspiring, unblocking and supporting the team to make them happen.
Who you are:
- Extensive experience leading across Global Mobility.
- Have a solid understanding of global tax, immigration and relocation best practices. Experience in Australia, the wider APAC region, the United States and Europe is highly desirable.
- Prior track record of successfully partnering with rapidly growing global companies. This can be in the form of either in-house or mobility consulting.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence at all levels.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills, ability to adapt in a fast paced environment to balance needs of the business and the employees while maintaining compliance.
- Comfortable working in high-ambiguity situations and coming up with solutions for time-sensitive matters.
- Experience in multicultural, geographically dispersed, international HR teams.
- Care deeply about the people you’re leading and in creating a nurturing, safe and supportive work environment.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.