We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in April 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 55 million users across 190 different countries who have created more than 5 billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
About the team and role
Canva’s templates marketplace is a critical part of our organic growth strategy. Over the years, we’ve invested in it from different angles such as content (the actual designs), categorisation and how this speaks to the editor and user experience, as well as contributors such as teachers and designers. It has a huge impact on Canva’s overall business and is at the heart of all our products and offerings. Beyond Canva, it has a huge impact on how everyday people are able to solve design and communication problems.
As Canva’s Marketplace SEO Manager, you will drive this critical part of our business to greater heights using our extensive and growing templates library to solve real-world communication challenges.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of scaling marketplaces while maintaining impeccably high standards of content, user intent mapping and technical SEO practices. You’ll love this role if you’re passionate about making complex things simple and enjoy collaborating with a wide range of cross-functional teams to drive impact.
- Collaborate with internal SEO teams across technical SEO, content, research and link outreach to drive marketplace organic sessions and conversions.
- Driving all marketplace SEO initiatives by working closely with product, engineering, content and design teams; Actioning category audit outcomes that will improve SEO; Growing new categories; Growing new category drill-downs or hierarchies; Establishing new relationships between categories in a way that’s beneficial to SEO growth.
-Evangelising marketplace SEO across all of Canva - engaging with a wide range of teams from personalisation and machine learning to internationalisation.
- Auditing all marketplace categories alongside our internal design and product teams to enable a more intuitive SEO-friendly user experience.
What you'll do:
- Report on key metrics relevant to project and company goals
- Build organic search roadmaps for marketplace in collaboration with product and engineering teams
- Improve marketplace architecture and IA within marketplace as well as the overall Canva domain
- Lead scalable initiatives that reduce manual content efforts over time - without compromising quality
- Measure and report outcomes across the team and all of Canva
- Consistently provide feedback to other teams who are working on different parts of the marketplace; for example search and recommendation teams, template design teams, localisation teams, marketing and engagement teams
- Help QA marketplace releases that might have any impact on SEO
- Closely monitor and provide feedback for any experiments on marketplace pages
- Empower the link outreach team to partner with marketplace SEO when needed for new projects or category launches
- Empower the research team to conduct gap analysis research for new or existing categories in order to find new opportunities for SEO growth
- Maintain clear documentation of all marketplace SEO efforts for wider company knowledge sharing
- Partner with our data analysts and product managers to arrive at effective methods of tracking marketplace SEO growth metrics
What we're looking for:
- A problem-solver who is able to critically analyse complex structures and make strategic decisions
- A track record of working with product designers for implementing great SEO alongside excellent UX
- An initiator who finds opportunities to drive growth through organic content
- An excellent communicator who can articulate complex initiatives to non-SEO stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience in large scale website SEO
- Proven track record of problem solving in a scenario that includes thousands of indexable URLs
- Experience with scalable solutions for SEO growth without compromising high SEO quality standards
- Experience with faceted search and global navigation solutions for large websites
- Experience growing a layered marketplace with several types of pages from top-level homepages to category and tag pages, all the way to individual item/detail pages
Being a Force for good. One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.