We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the People Team
The mission of Canva’s People team is to build the most effective and engaged company in the world.
The team plays a key role in creating and maintaining the type of workplace that we all love coming to, where every single person has opportunities to grow and develop their skills, is able to do their best work and make an impact, every day.
About Canva University
Started in May 2018, Canva University has already launched a huge range of programs to support the skills people need to be effective - from specialty learning, onboarding, mentoring, coaching, leadership, and personal development.
As part of the team, you’ll be partnering closely with our stakeholders to solve our trickiest learning and development problems. We are a small but fast-paced team with a true passion for learning. You can often find us putting our own teachings into practice by geeking out on the latest TED talks, sharing learnings with our superstar peers over a coffee, learning about coding, and getting design lessons to bring the same Canva design aesthetic to our internal learners. We’re looking forward to growing the team with someone who can bring fresh, creative ideas so we can build the most innovative University around.
What you'll do...
- Apply your learning and instructional design expertise to craft compelling, learner-centric and scalable learning curriculum, courseware, content, and tools across our existing and upcoming programs of work
- Get creative with developing online learning content and resources, including audio recordings, filmings, blogs/articles, slide decks/documents (through the Google suite and the Canva app, until we implement an LMS) to complement our programs
- Identify, track and analyse key metrics, and provide recommendations to constantly improve the learning and program experience
- Facilitate workshops and group sessions
- Own and manage a selection of Canva University’s learning programs ensuring everyone is on track and that learning assets are built within the required timeframes
- Upskill our internal facilitators and coaches
- Build and maintain relationships with our internal stakeholders in order to elicit and develop learning content
- Identify issues, challenges, and learning needs, proactively addressing these to improve the program and learning experience
- Innovate to find operational efficiencies and improvements
What we are looking for...
- BA/BS degree in Psychology, Human Resources or equivalent experience.
- You have deep expertise in Instructional design and delivery, with a focus on learner centric design.
- You have deep project management skills and proven experience delivering large or complex projects involving multiple stakeholders and moving parts.
- You have a passion for execution and seeing projects through end to end.
- You have proven experience building relationships with stakeholders quickly in order to deliver a seamless end product.
- You have proven stakeholder engagement and management skills and ability to keep everyone on track and accountable.
- You bring strong facilitation and group coaching skills.
- You have strong attention to detail.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.