Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Product Design team
One of the principles of our design team is to ‘show the future’. As designers we transport the rest of the company into a future we’re yet to build. A big part of the role of a product designer at Canva is to be a visionary—visualising and reinventing the future of design.
Product designers at Canva take the dream and make it something everyone can relate to and rally behind. We start from the very early stages: finding the right problem to tackle, exploring ideas for how to solve it and then refining it into a coherent solution. Our product designers carry out research, brainstorming, sketching, prototyping, and collaboration with our engineers to ship great products. We are empathetic user advocates and respect our users’ opinions through interviews, usability testing, and data analysis, as well as wireframing, flowcharting, and journey mapping to show the different stages that customers go through as they come into contact with Canva.
About the Developer Tools team
The Developer Tools team within the Ecosystem group are on a mission to attract and grow an active community of 3rd Party Canva Developers. We want to unlock the creativity of developers and empower them to build valuable apps and integrations for our Canva customers. Building a thriving developer community is a fundamental pillar to our strategy for creating an abundant ecosystem that tailors Canva for 1 billion delighted users. This drives Canva’s MAU growth; allowing Canva to meet untapped user needs beyond our core editing experience whilst helping us connect to key integrations and tools so customers have everything they need within the Canva platform.
Goals you’ll achieve
- Audit the existing Developer experience to identify existing pain points or gaps in the Developer experience.
- Collaborate closely with our App Experience and Capabilities teams to define and document the right balance for Developer flexibility.
- Create developer resources that will help set Developers up for success to build a high quality App experience in Canva.
- Conduct and analyze research and data to understand the needs and motivations for different types of developers and what incentivises them.
- Explore and simplify the App creation flow for developers; helping make the complex simple.
- Provide on-going design updates to facilitate capturing the latest Ecosystem capabilities and documentation within the Developer Portal.
What we’re looking for
- You have experience with creating design solutions that meet the needs of a two-sided marketplace and can balance the trade offs between meeting the needs of creators and consumers within the platform.
- You have experience with building and contributing to design systems including documenting and providing guidance to the adoption of new design patterns and components.
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates experience in product thinking where you have previously shipped UX/UI design for digital products.
- You are a stickler for championing our design principles, pursuing simplicity and excellence in your craft whilst moving your team from chaos to clarity.
- You are excited by regularly coming up with new ideas, shipping new products and features that address your target user needs.
- You shine through your designs—creating user flows and wireframes that simplify user interactions You are eager to visually communicate your ideas through prototypes to test with users.
- You thrive in a collaborative workplace; partnering with other designers, engineers, product developers and other disciplines throughout the company.
- You appreciate big picture thinking. While details are everything, creating an experience that always keeps our users in mind is equally as important.
- You are a problem solver that’s excited by a challenge.
- You enjoy sitting in a room and whiteboarding ideas to confidently come up with simple, elegant solutions that everyone can move forward with.
- You are an empathetic user advocate that values the backing of research and data analysis when it comes to designing modern solutions.
- You enjoy a little flexibility in your work. Our growth means there are constantly new things to work on every day, as such it’s likely that you’ll often be working across the board on new and exciting projects.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.