We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
At Canva, we’re all constantly striving towards our Crazy Big Goals! Since growing to a worldwide team of over 1400 we need to ensure we’re working as effectively and efficiently as possible, which is where the role of Leadership Operations comes in!
This role is part of the close-knit Leadership Operations team here at Canva, this role will provide strategic support to one of our global Group Leads to extend their reach and capacity.
We move fast here at Canva, and this role will certainly keep you on your toes. We are looking for someone super-efficient, who loves nothing more than to anticipate issues before they arise and get stuff done. You’re whom we want to be working with if you’re great at prioritising, juggling projects (and moving them rapidly along), and keeping calm under pressure
What you'll do
- Strategic partner: You’ll be the strategic partner to the group lead, this will mean being a trusted sounding board for decisions, consolidating requests and making recommendations or stepping in for them at meetings.
- Prioritisation: You’ll be the triage point and the gateway to the group lead. You’ll work with the overall group to make sure that requests are in the right shape before getting to the lead and cut through the noise to ensure that they are involved in the right decision at the right time.
- Proactively drive projects forward: As a trusted extension of the group lead, you’ll take on driving key projects and initiatives that are critical to the function. This will include cross-cutting project management with stakeholders that sit in many different parts of Canva.
- Be a Real People Person: You’ll build strong relationships with key stakeholders within the company, this will be critical to ensuring that there is the right two-way visibility between the finance team and the business.
- Own the day to day: Making sure that the group lead's time is spent in the most impactful areas by triaging meeting requests and running meetings effectively.
What we're looking for
- We’re open to your background, however, we’d really like someone with specific skills:
- 5+ years of experience of Program or Project Management, Operations, or similar.
- Experience prioritising, managing and tracking multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- A keen eye for detail and a strong desire to uphold high standards of excellence
- Truly self-motivated with a desire to constantly learn, develop and grow in the role.
- You’ll need to be driven to turn the chaos rapidly to clarity and then communicate it clearly. Truly championing the value of Making Complex Things Simple.
- Someone with a bias for action, constantly striving to get things done.
- Keen presentation and great design skills (Canva’s made that bit easy!)
- Integrity and trustworthiness with humility/willingness to question one’s own assumptions.
- A real people person. Someone who can communicate well with stakeholders from all across the business at many different levels, and enjoy it!
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free Yoga membership and on-site classes
- Professional education allowance
- Generous parental leave policies
- Pet friendly offices including a garden, climbing wall and gym
- Sponsored social clubs and team events, fun and quirky celebrations!
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology companies and has been the ranked #1 Australian Workplace in Technology by JobAdvisor for two years in a row. We ensure that the Canva workspace is set up for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so, with breakout areas, little nooks, and quiet places to retreat.
If this all sounds great to you, apply today and we'll be in touch soon!
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.