We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
Our Design Education Team
At Canva we’re making design simple and accessible to everyone, empowering people all over the world with a design tool – and the design skills – to help them reach their goals.
Canva Design School offers free design courses, featuring some of the world’s leading experts in their respective fields. Our vision for Design School is to become the best place in the world to learn design, and to offer the best online learning experience possible.
Our Design School team has a wide range of all-round skills. They’re designers, teachers, facilitators, creatives and doers. They facilitate in-person and in-product learning and continuously grow their skills and our courses along with our product and content library.
Above all else, Design School aims to make the complex simple, taking big broad topics and making them applicable, engaging and accessible to everyone. Our team has the ability to take a complex thing and communicate it simply with visuals. All the while, making sure our users learn.
- Edit learning content in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment
- Work with our Design Education Production Team to produce instructional content using the Camtasia software.
- Create both 16:9 and 9:16 (vertical) videos
- Create captions and subtitles whenever needed.
- Deliver the video content on time and provide fast revisions when necessary.
We'd love it if you have...
- Some video editing experience (videographer, cinematographer, video editor, multimedia arts, motion designer, animator, communications design)
- Screen recording experience in Camtasia, ScreenFlow, Quicktime Player, OBS or similar software for high quality recordings
- Understand the importance of displaying UI, pace and video effects for learning.
- Has a strong eye and passion for or experience working with videos or motion design
- Exceptional speed at video editing
- An understanding of industry standards and visual trends in videography and showcasing UI design
- Ability to design creative video thumbnails
- Knowledgeable in using Canva
Competencies for success...
- We shortlist by reviewing not just your CV but more importantly, your portfolio. Quality over quantity matters more to us – so bring out your best video shoots and edit design works!
- You work well under pressure. You can work with tight requirements and work around tight deadlines
- While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!
What you'll love at Canva...
- HMO with 2 Dependents on Day 1
- Equity options in one of the fastest growing startups in the world
- Professional educational allowance - we care about your growth
- Fitness membership
- In-house chef
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.