Are you a product-focused software engineer that lives to solve customer problems? Do you want to build solutions end-to-end as part of multifunctional and autonomous teams? If so, let us know!
Our Product Engineers are not just software developers, we generate ideas, evolve our product roadmap and promote the features we want to see. We advocate for our customers, reach outside our comfort zone, realise the potential of our software, and love the art of simple yet powerful code.
Our code saves trees. After 20+ years of building paper-saving print management software, we still have our first employees, first resellers, and first customers. Our success is not measured by profits and business metrics, but instead by the impact we've had on our 139 million users and our planet. We're values-driven and fuelled by coffee.
Some of the skills you have…
- You'll shape products by discussing opportunities with colleagues and partners, ideating solutions and contributing to technology choices across projects.
- You'll join our Devices team in the creation of products that interface with hardware devices across the whole software development lifecycle from design to delivery including QA.
- You'll contribute to Agile ceremonies whilst remaining agile in your approach to software product development practices and methodologies.
- You'll build our capability as a division by reviewing code and coding standards, mentoring PaperCutters in and outside your team and participating in recruitment interviews.
What success looks like 6 months in...
- You can work in at least one area of our codebase (Go or Java) through both experience and openly asking for assistance.
- You can set the pace in projects and oversee a team building product features to satisfactory completion and take ownership of the software outcome.
- You communicate project status, work well with diverse teams and look for ways to achieve outcomes sooner.
- You mentor other PaperCutters or enable the broader PaperCut ecosystem by facilitating and driving education on key knowledge areas.
What else you can expect from us...
- We've transitioned to a hybrid model and our Camberwell office is now open and available to those who'd like to use it.
- When in the office, you can enjoy free parking, unlimited coffee from our in-house espresso machine and drink it in alongside an outstanding view of the city from our outdoor deck.
- Our share the success bonus scheme is a wonderful way to celebrate our success each year. We also offer generous leave options, an individual training budget and a super flexible environment.
- We're also open to alternative working arrangements you might appreciate, so please don't hesitate to highlight this during your application.
Our commitment to you...
Our hiring process lets you show off the very best version of yourself while learning all about us at the same time. Our pinky promise is a candidate experience that’s enjoyable, thorough, and fair. That’s our way of inspiring the world's brightest minds to become PaperCutters.
As an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion, we proudly encourage people from all walks of life to apply (even tea drinkers).