We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
At Canva, we’re transforming the way the world designs. A vital part of this mission is the content that users can add to their designs - photos, illustrations, fonts, videos (soon), and more that live within the editor.
Behind all of these design ingredients is the Content Team, whose mission is to ensure that every type of content within the Canva editor is high quality, fresh, inspiring, and caters to every user. In addition to sourcing and managing content, the team is dedicated to improving the contributor experience as well as promoting the best content to Canva users.
We’re looking for someone with exceptional organisational skills and a creative and art direction background involving photography campaigns to help produce briefs and source stock photos for the Canva library, manage administrative tasks and provide quality assurance when necessary.
This role is vital to allow the Photo Content Team to function smoothly and assist the team hit their project goals efficiently and effectively.
What you’ll be doing...
- Producing stock photo content based on content gaps, user requests, trends, etc. from pre-production planning to post-production
- Researching relevant content and styles
- Creating detailed briefs
- Liaising with photographers during the entire production process
- Working with Canva Senior Creatives in liaising with photographers throughout the production process
- Tracking and organizing photo submissions
- Forwarding collection to content admin for uploading
- Sourcing and reviewing new photographers (locally and internationally)
You’ll love this job if ...
- You love managing a variety of photography campaigns
- You work quickly and efficiently to make sure we are bringing new and relevant content to our users in a timely way
- You champion diversity and inclusion that reflect in the work you do
- You have a passion for improving and streamlining processes
- You enjoy collaborative working environments and idea exchanges
We'd love it if you have..
- Good eye for photography and are up to date with photography styles and trends
- Diverse portfolio showcasing your photography work
- Basic technical knowledge (i.e. Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, lighting setup, etc.)
- Experience shooting or producing content
- Basic project management experience
- Good eye for prop and food styling
- Good communication skills
What you'll love at Canva..
- Equity options in one of the fastest-growing startups in the world
- Fitness membership
- In-house chef
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.