Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Product Management @ Canva
The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually.
Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the strategic direction, scope, and success metrics for product initiatives. We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers, and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. As our product grows, we are responsible for implementing and collaborating on product strategy, road mapping, and prioritisation.
It’s our responsibility to see products through their entire lifecycle—from concept through to validation, build, post-launch analytics, and iterations.
About the Editing Group
The Editing group at Canva is responsible for delivering value to users through our world-class design editor. On our mission to empower everyone to design anything, we are always thinking about a wide range of user problems and building features to address a diverse set of use cases for the Canva editor. The Canva Editor empowers our users to do everything from collaborative whiteboarding to creating digital documentation with Canva Docs.
The Canva Docs Team is focused on building a visual, engaging document editor that leverages the power of the rest of the Canva platform to deliver a truly unmatched experience for all our users.
What you'll do
- Define a clear strategy and roadmap with the team and leadership that will deliver maximum value to Canva Docs users
- Help execute an effective discovery process for Canva Docs
- Work with designers to solve real problems through flawless user experiences
- Work with your team of engineers to set (and hit) crazy, big delivery goals
- Become a trusted expert in all things online document editing
- Build relationships with key strategic integration partners, and seek to form new ones that unlock growth for Canva and our users.
- Recognise the biggest picture, communicate, collaborate, and compromise effectively with collaborators and other PMs for the best outcome for Canva
- Product Management experience of a software product, with online document editing product knowledge as a huge plus.
- You have led large or multiple product teams through discovery and delivery.
- You're someone who enjoys leading a team of amazing people to ship innovative solutions - and can point to an impressive record of doing so.
- Exceptional UX skills - you understand more than just the fundamentals of good UX.
- An excellent communicator who can influence cross-functionally with each to achieve big wins.
- Great with data (both qualitative and quantitative) and loves turning insights into actions.
- You thrive on being in the middle of a cross-functional team, wearing lots of hats and doing whatever it takes to help your team and the business succeed.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.