We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
At Canva, we’re transforming the way the world designs. We are well on our journey as a startup - a profitable one (and currently the most valuable private tech company in Australia). As we continue that journey, we are seeking engineers with strong skills in system administration and corporate infrastructure to join us in our HQ in Sydney.
Secure, scalable, well-maintained systems are the foundation of our development and design processes and we strive to ensure the same for our company’s technology operations. This is an opportunity to be a member of Canva’s crucial Internal Infrastructure Team, playing a key role in the global expansion of one of the world’s most exciting technology companies.
Currently in our Sydney HQ, we have over 600 people over 6 floors and 3 buildings, conference rooms, multi-use presentation spaces, a cafeteria, a rooftop bar and cafe. We have no plans to grow into a large corporate entity with layers of middle management and archaic processes - but instead, continue our progressive approach to the workplace, using engineering to codify the unique ways in which we work.
As an individual contributor, the role will be focused on the automation and delivery of business-facing projects with respect to our internal systems, apps, and office infrastructure. You will be joining a newly formed Systems Operations function within the Infrastructure Group, with a focus on systems automation and streamlining of IT operations.
- Hands-on scripting in bash, python, perl, or related, for the automation of processes and systems
- Management of MDM and asset management solutions for all Canva-owned devices
- Administer Cloud identity platforms such as Okta, OneLogin and configuring core workplace productivity SaaS platforms such as Atlassian Suite, Google Workplace, Slack, Zoom and so on.
- Oversight of videoconferencing and network infrastructure
- Advise the business, while taking a hands-on approach to implementing necessary systems improvements, platform migrations, and upgrades
- Identify trends and problem areas using data-driven approaches and use metrics to identify focus areas for prioritization - with the end goal of improving our internal infrastructure and efficiency of our workforce
- Ensure our internal systems are stable and consistently available
- Support configuration activities, planned outages, etc
Required Skills and Experience
- Automation experience with the ability to readily write scripts from the ground up in Python, Bash, Perl, or similar on the fly
- Strong experience in implementing, scaling and administrating Cloud identity platforms such as Okta, OneLogin and configuring core workplace productivity SaaS platforms such as Atlassian Suite, Google Workplace, Slack, Zoom and so on.
- Systems engineering and IT Operations experience in MacOS & Linux environments
- Networking skills - you’re able to understand, solve, plan and implement network solutions for small to medium-sized offices.
- Experience implementing and maintaining MDM (Fleetsmith, JAMF, etc), BYOD, SSO / IDP (Okta, Azure AD, etc.), and related security services and protocols
- You’re a champion of efficiency - with a bias towards creating self-service solutions to issues encountered by users
- You are an excellent communicator; with the ability to adapt well and multi-task amidst changing priorities in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
- Competitive salary, plus stock options via our ESOP plan
- Flexible daily working hours, we value work-life balance
- Breakfast and lunch prepared by our wonderful Vibe team
- Onsite-Gym and Yoga Membership
- End-of-Trip Facilities: Bicycle parking and showers
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Internal Coaching and Employee Support Programs
- Sponsored social clubs, team events and celebrations
- Interstate relocation to Sydney HQ
This role is based in Sydney and qualifies for interstate relocation. This role is high-contact with key stakeholders and regrettably, cannot be remote.
We ensure that the Canva workspace is set up for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so, with breakout areas, little nooks, quiet places to retreat.
Check out what our users are saying about us on Twitter
Check out what life is like at Canva on our Instagram
If you're a passionate technologist seeking a truly challenging opportunity with one of the world's premier technology companies, then apply now to start the discussion with us!
We will not accept or review any CVs from external recruitment agencies.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.