Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Role
We are looking for a dedicated Motion Designer who can help bring to life our brand and products through engaging motion content published across our various media channels. You will have the opportunity to showcase our features and products through crafted animation and user interaction design. An understanding that spans graphic design, digital design and web technologies is key to this, to help ensure that your vision is fully realised.
You will be part of the Canva Creative Team and work in conjunction with many other teams at Canva (Marketing, Content, Product … ). Our Motion Designers carry out brainstorming, sketching, prototyping, and collaborate with our designers and copywriters to ship memorable motion assets. This could include UI flows for landing pages and video tutorials, visual content for advertising, animated social content, motion for hype reels and event displays, branding executions and more.
About the team
Canva’s in-house creative team is on a mission to make Canva the most loved brand in the world. We work from concept to creation on world-class creative across brand communications, marketing campaigns, editorial content and production.
As part of this team you’ll help create a brand that communicates our purpose, defines perception and awareness globally, and puts a spotlight on our diverse community– ensuring they receive a human, inspiring and empowering experience.
We move fast here at Canva, and this role will certainly keep you on your toes. We are looking for someone who loves to get stuff done. You’re who we want to work with if you can balance your brilliant creative streak with ruthless prioritisation that moves projects rapidly along.
We believe in attracting and nurturing world-class talent with a focus on diversity, community, career development – and doing the best work of our lives.
What You'll be doing:
- Create moving visual content that brings to life Canva’s brand and product
- Animate UI flows for use across multiple executions, platforms and formats
- Collaborate with a multi-talent team of designers, photographers, videographers and performance marketers
- Accurately estimate and manage time
- Familiarise yourself with the performance of your work and learn for future campaigns
- Help establish and build robust systems and approach to the motion design craft specialty at Canva to continually raise the bar of excellence
- Experience as a Motion Designer creating a diverse range of video and animated assets, content creation, and video editing
- An exceptional portfolio or reel demonstrating your passion for motion design or animation
- Editing skills in stitching footages to convey and create engaging stories
- The confidence to try new things, bring in new ideas and a passion for big ideas and storytelling
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment.
- Efficiently communicates and articulates ideas
- Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes
- Ability to work well under pressure and can work with tight requirements and deadlines
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.